Planning "permission"

Re: Planning "permission"

Postby Freeman Stephen » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:28 pm

money making exercise. if the structural plan for your municipality says its lawful you dont need planning permission. they should only be allowed to enforce against unlawful development but some of them have their heads up their arse and think all development is unlawful unless you paid them to allow you to do whatever lawful thing you want with your own land. youll never be a freeman while your looking for permission to do something that risks no injury to others.
Freeman Stephen

Postby huntingross » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:30 pm

GSDJayne wrote:We had a visit from the planning dept last october and he wrote back and said all was OK

You have confused the story with many aspects, but the core issue is above.

The other aspects only become a point of contention once you dismiss the above....and why would you want to do that ?

They consider themselves to be a "planning authority" and in that capacity, they informed you everything is ok. Under the doctrine of estoppel, they can not change their mind when you have come to rely on the authority of their advice.

If they really are the authority on this matter, how can they hold two conflicting and diverse opinions on the same subject matter...you should ask them.

Personally, I haven't granted them authority, as they have none inherent in their "authority to act".
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby TomBlake » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks for the advice guys!! Jayne i hope things go your way ( Is GSD in your name german shepherd? i have one if so!)

Johnie were the farmers advertising or did you approach them on the off chance?

Thanks for the idea for scottish wildlife trust HR but i couldnt find any joy but will check back from time to time!
TomBlake

Postby JOHNIE_GEE » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:29 am

TomBlake wrote:
Johnie were the farmers advertising or did you approach them on the off chance?

I cold called them so to speak, at first it looked as though they were going to part with a bit of land but as i explained that i intended to live on it the shutters went down, not much explanation- shaking the head and a big no. A few years back a few groups of travellers bought land and moved onto it and it caused a bit of uproar with the locals, council etc. maybe thats why.. Imo is that the council and its planners probably went around all the farms in the area and threatend the farmers with bullshit rules saying that they could be done if they sold land to anyone who has the intention of living on it without permission....

I'm very specific as to where i want land, out of eyesight of any houses and roads. You see, i will not be telling the council anything - as someone mentioned before, why do you need to ask for permission to live on your own land!- and if your causing no harm or loss to anyone else then whats it got to do with them..
and if you get a decent farmer/landowner who quite rightly couldn't give a toss about the council and what you did on your land, then that will be a big bonus..
JOHNIE_GEE

Postby JOHNIE_GEE » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:35 am

Also there are time limits for when their poxy rules have no effect. If i'm correct i think its 4 years for brick buildings and 10 years for caravans/statics
JOHNIE_GEE

Postby Freeman Stephen » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:33 am

given that no obe can live without a place to live, more sickening than the practice of infringinging peoples right to life is its acceptability. we need to create a situation where joe public will tell anyone to fuck off if they threaten any other joe public. we also need to enforce against those who are on the take from the threats as well as those issuing and serving the threats. not just in relation to planning but in relation to all these restrictions where your slave labour can buy permission. the whole civil service needs sacked and whilst there are decent civil servants who would suffer, it is their choice of employment that is causing so much suffering to everyone else. they are either too stupid or lacking in sense of duty to fulfil the roles they are demanding payment for.
Freeman Stephen

Postby GSDJayne » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Yes GSD is German Shepherd Dog - I have 8 of them.
Huntingross, I did send the first planning contravention notice back marked no contract, no consent, unlawful but they sent me another back within 24 hours with a letter saying they had no plans to answer my questions and they have included another copy of the notice which is due back Monday. This second letter had a different contravention - this one says that I am running a dog rescue centre from my property.
Can I just bounce it back again, send them yet another copy of my letter and ask them 'how can they hold two conflicting and diverse opinions on the same subject matter'
GSDJayne

Postby huntingross » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Yup, if you received it, it means you accepted it voluntarily.....make them answer it....read the Civil Procedure Rules on the Ministry of Justice website....there is a pre-action procedure which they have to answer otherwise you take them to court.....I would recommendd this to anyone that wants to force them to answer your "freeman" questions....It proves our process is just the same as theirs....and this way they ignore it at their peril.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby TomBlake » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:18 pm

Exactly my situation too Johnie, those are the parameters im looking for. You have to let me know if you have any joy and what helped secure it and ill do likewise.

GSDJayne, 8!!! i only have 1 but id have more when i get the room. IMO you cant get a better dog!

I think your right Freeman Steve im with you there mate.
TomBlake

Previous

Return to Land Claims