Re: None Payment, What to Expect

Postby kevin » Wed May 25, 2011 9:27 pm

pedawson wrote:Just exactly 'IS' this PLONKER in the photo doing :giggle:

I think it's one of those silent raves, only this guy hasn't got any friends
kevin

Postby huntingross » Wed May 25, 2011 9:35 pm

pedawson wrote:Just exactly 'IS' this PLONKER in the photo doing

I'm not sure, but judging by the colour of it, it's come off in his hand.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Freeman Craig R » Thu May 26, 2011 8:25 am

awesome info.. thank you guys very much :love: :clap: :hug: :yes:
Freeman Craig R

Postby kevin » Thu May 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Yet another "oops we've lost your details"

This from todays MSM news

BBC sends personal details of 1,500 pensioners to wrong addresses
The BBC has sent the personal details of 1,512 people to incorrect addresses, the Daily Telegraph has learnt.
[...]

The TV Licence renewal documents - including names, dates of birth, first lines of address and National Insurance numbers - were sent to 1,199 residential care homes in December 2008.

The details of 16,521 people over the age of 75 were sent out, but many were sent to the wrong care homes.

Once notified of the error, 852 of the care homes were contacted by the BBC. At least 1,512 had gone to the wrong place, the BBC has admitted.

[...]
Very sadly the BBC joins a long list of organisation including many government department that are unable to keep information about us safe. The BBC must urgently review its procedures. This is particularly disturbing for older people who could easily become prey to swindlers."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/4437985/BBC-sends-personal-details-of-1500-pensioners-to-wrong-addresses.html
kevin

Postby huntingross » Thu May 26, 2011 9:34 pm

I expected to see Bernard Cribbins standing next to that one....I'm Hornby size now.....

And kevin, that is a particularly high tech example that you discovered.....top marks

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=tv+detector+vans&cp=16&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1073&bih=616&wrapid=tljp130644534524400&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

There's some cracking photos in the list.....I like the one where the van is in the middle of the grass.....just in case you couldn't see the clever disguise.....and my other top one in the list is the one being branded with the door open and the guy sitting at a desk with a table top monitor.....I'd love to see the setup time after they have been around a few corners....what a bunch of muppets.....

Here's some year book photos of van operatives

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=tv+detector+vans&cp=16&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1073&bih=616&wrapid=tljp130644534524400&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Previous

Return to T.V. Licence