wipeing the smug look off a clampers face

wipeing the smug look off a clampers face

Postby holy vehm » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:40 am

ive had an idea and although it requires me to spend a few quid to pull it off i think its well worth giving ago.

the car park at my local shops is owned by the council who have just announced they are making it pay and display and as is common practice they will sell on the enforcement rights to a wheel clamp company. the carpark holds around 50 cars. the shops are only conveinience, as in a local papershop ect so no one would need to park for an hour so most wont hence they will get clamped.

so i thought,

buy/hire/rent one of those trucks clampers use to put your car on the back of to tow your car away.
park up round the corner and just watch and wait.
when someone is clamped pull up at the side and offer the unfortunate driver your services.
put their car on the back of your lorry.
pull out of the car park (private land) and on to the road (public highway)
get out and cut the clamp off.
put the car back on the road and away they go.
then i go park up and watch and wait again.

the look on the clampers face would be priceless

of course the clampers arent going to be happy, but at the end of the day they have a choice, take it off or i will cut it off.
the police cant do anything because its a civil matter and it took place (the clamping) on private land and was de clamped on public land and the clampers were given the oppurtunity to remove their property.

just an idea,

hv
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Re: wipeing the smug look off a clampers face

Postby huntingross » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:35 am

It does sound like a costly exercise, but possible.

I was wondering about slapping a Notice on thier windscreen as they do it....then pursue the fee schedule.

The uniform would be a cape and pants on the outside.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby arsenal1487 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:44 am

LOL would love to see that, if you go ahead with it please post a vid on here, i would love to see their face.
arsenal1487

Postby gepisar » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:53 am

What gripes me, and i think a lot of people, is when the clampers come to clamp, what do they do? Yup, park on the same double yellow, block traffic to lift the offending car, park in the same bus lane to save them walking round the corner. Clamp them whilst they're clamping us i say.

Just to add balance, there are inconsiderate people who do park on zebra crossings, at blind bends, at places in town that need to be left clear for large lorries to be able to make the turning, so sometimes, people do need the wake up.

ON FLIP side again, ask any council why they impose parking ticket systems and the answer is usually "to give everyone a fair chance of parking in busy times". SO WHY MAKE IT FREE AT CHRISTMAS???? IT SHOULD BE MORE!

So, the council are lying or dumb. Of course we all know the reasons why....

btw, there are rules on how much can be charged for parking fines. Too much, and you go to small claims court and get it back. ("Excessive" charges)
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby arsenal1487 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:08 am

Exaclty mate i agree to a certain extent, i push my daughters pram down a public highway and theres cars and lorries parked right on the path, its a joke some people have no consideration for others.
arsenal1487

Postby gepisar » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:19 am

@arsenal1487, you from Highbury & Islington then? I got a PCN couple of weeks ago for parking in a bay on Sunday. "Restrictions apply on match days" it said. Im not a follower so I didnt know when match days are.
Anyway, refused it for cause, will let you know.
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby arsenal1487 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:29 am

LOL very good, i live in preston now mate.
arsenal1487

Return to Wheel Clampers