On remand without charge

Request help if you have a Court Appearance pending.

Re: On remand without charge

Postby shoshenden » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Well low and behold after submitting the writ, the police managed to cobble some papers together and released them to his so called defence on Sat, Not had the full run down of what they contain but given the pitiful excuse for evidence they've already disclosed I doubt whether they contain any concrete facts and are merely pages of their opinion. I'm pleased that it forced their hand sooner than they would have liked, they were trying to push this through to crown without granting him bail and even stating he needed no legal representative at the committal, now he has instructed his so called defense to attend the committal and challenge the validity of the so called evidence. Which if left unchallenged would never have come about. I'm still hopeful that he will be released within the 14 day period post submitting the writ, as he is being detained unlawfully by my reckoning and unless they see sense at the committal on wed, I will be following it up at the end of the 14 day grace. Thank you for your advice so far it's been invaluable, what would you suggest I follow it up with if I do not get an adequate response or indeed no response at all? It is an offence to ignore legal documents issued by a court of law isn't it? And it was in the correct colour paper n everything ;-) I've been reading lots of other posts, I also used my own words, although was careful to contain specific legal jargon and sited many relevant Acts etc.
Last edited by shoshenden on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shoshenden

Re: On remand without charge

Postby shoshenden » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Apologies for the broken and jumbled up text, stupid android! :-/ I hope you got the jist!
shoshenden

Previous

Return to McKenzie Friends