iT LOOKS LIKE IM GOING TO COURT SOON

Request help if you have a Court Appearance pending.

iT LOOKS LIKE IM GOING TO COURT SOON

Postby pappasmurf » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi, there everyone, I recently left a franchise agreement and as so they say i broke the contract and after a year of battling out a deal to pay them off, I ended up broke and on the verge of bankruptcy I can barely pay my mortgage and then out of the blue I got a letter from there solicitor saying if i didnt pay up by the 22nd they woulds start court proceedings, I received the letter on the 28 ( fn royal mail). I immediate drafted an email in response to there threat and asked to open up negotiations to find a remedy of payment, I got no answer so I sent a second seven days after the first giving them the opportunity to start negotiations to settle the dispute, at the bottom of the email i said" please reply within ten days and if i dont hear anything from you I will accept that you no longer wish to persue the matter. that time limit ended yesterday, and this morning I got the claim form for the Leeds county court.
So what the hell do I do now Im thinking, I have sent the claim form back today to the maj's with the boxes ticked for defending there claim and not consenting to the courts jurisdiction, which I was surprised to see on there. Question is what happens next? will the courts see I offered remedy and boot out there claim or will I have to go and start trying to claim the hold no authority and i stand under common law?
Any help would be very appreciated Thanks.
pappasmurf

Re: iT LOOKS LIKE IM GOING TO COURT SOON

Postby treeman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:29 pm

Did you FILL in the forms that they sent to you.They have NO juris diction over you, unless you allow it concur. :peace:
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Return to McKenzie Friends