Advice on Summons - URGENT

Request help if you have a Court Appearance pending.

Advice on Summons - URGENT

Postby willymartino » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Hello everybody,

My name is Will and I'm 21 years of age. I have been familiar with the freeman philosophy for several months now. As I am young and appear to be the only one in my circle of family and friends with knowledge of this info, its hard to relate to anyone, and subsequently feel quite trapped at times. But, I am strong-minded and a very passionate, young at heart individual, and extremely open-minded.

I have recently recieved a summons, last month to be exact, at Redhill Magistrates Court in Surrey, for a 'speeding' offence. I got 'caught' by a manned speed capturing vehile which uses laser technology doing 72 mph on a 60mph dual-carriage way. Obviously against Common Law I have committed no offence. But my case hearing is 25th January (this Monday) and don't know what to do. The only reply have given them is this:

To who it may concern

I am in receipt of your letter 7 December 2009 & have noted the contents within.

Please be advised that as a law abiding citizen, I have no intention of being dishonourable in this matter & am happy to pay any financial obligation I might lawfully owe, conditional on the following which I trust you will understand.

In respect of the summons for 'alleged' speeding at Beare Green on 30/06/2009 would you be kind enough to forward me for purposes of legal advice, in preparation for court, the Certificate of Calibration for the speed trapment device together with the Make, Model & Serial Number of the same device.

I thank you in advance for your co-operation in this matter & look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

William-Herbert: Martin

In the summons, it states that if i plead guilty by post, I need not attend court on the date given. If I plead not guilty by post, I should not attend the court on the date given because they will issue a new date for the case. As I have not replied to this, except for my letter, I have no idea what to do next. So any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated,

Peace and Love

Willy Martino

N.B. Willy Martino is the name I made up for myself several years ago. :8-):

:peace:
We are all on this planet together.....why cant we all get along?
willymartino

Re: Advice on Summons - URGENT

Postby treeman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Welcome to the forum Will, i just want to enquire how far are you prepared to go, to fight your cause.
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby jonboy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Using the calibration certificate for your case clearly shows that you accept that "speeding" is an offence, but challenge the accuracy of the equipment, not really relevant to the freeman route?
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby willymartino » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:05 am

Thanks for both speedy replies treeman and jonboy, I appreciate it a lot.

Well treeman, I'm willing to take it as far as it goes. I'm a peaceful human being on this planet. I haven't done anything wrong, I haven't injured or harmed anyone in 'speeding' and this 'offence' was over 6 months ago. It's in the past for me, being human beings, they should just drop it, as it doesn't teach anyone anything by demanding money off someone for not obeying their rules and being a part of the herd. But I know they don't see it this way, and they need to re-learn their so called 'laws' . Sorry enough babbling. Once again I want to see it through to the end.

What can I do?

Peace
willymartino

Postby treeman » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Not so speedy Will, I intended to post back to you suggesting getting your case adjourned, but got caught up in what happend to PD, ANYWAY, if you could get an adjournment, it would give you more time to take stock and plan what your next option could be, i.e sending notices and so fourth. I know your court date was today and hope it has gone ok, and apologise for not getting back sooner, all the best mate.
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby willymartino » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:11 am

thanks for your reply treeman. much appreciated :grin:

i hadn't recieved a reply from the court about the letter I had sent them, and didn't end up going. I dunno what place that has put me in, but haven't heard anything so far. any advice from here at all?

i will keep you posted if anything else comes up.

thanks again,

Peace
willymartino

Postby willymartino » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Right,

Got a reply from the court today and and the have already come to a conclusion on my case.
Basically, they have made a 'Collection Order' of which the total amount for me to pay is £140.
The impositions are as follows:

Fine: £60.00
Costs: £15.00
Costs: £65.00

I've got till the 8th February 2010 to pay this.

With the letter there was also a 'Notice of Endorsement of License'.
With this the court have ordered that my driving license be endorsed with 03 points.

Now i can apply for further time to pay this amount, and I dont mind paying it, BUT, what would you all do. Are the court being unlawful in any of this?
Any advice is much appreciated

Thanks

:peace:
willymartino

Return to McKenzie Friends