Subject Access Request

Fill-in-the-boxes Templates that can be used to rebut a Summons or any Charge or Demand based on Statutes.

Subject Access Request

Postby FASEN8R » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi all

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a Subject Access Request template that I could use as a foundation letter to the local authorities please.
It is my intentions to adjust it accordingly so a basic 'universal' template would suffice but would give me a good start to what I want to achieve.
I've taken a good look around here and not found anything and search engines just tend to bring up specific 'forms' for individual organisations but knowing the expertise of you guys I'm hoping someone has one in their archives of forms/files.

Cheers peeps

Namaste

:peace:

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Re: Subject Access Request

Postby Nemesis » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:50 pm

FASEN8R wrote:Hi all

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a Subject Access Request template that I could use as a foundation letter to the local authorities please.
It is my intentions to adjust it accordingly so a basic 'universal' template would suffice but would give me a good start to what I want to achieve.
I've taken a good look around here and not found anything and search engines just tend to bring up specific 'forms' for individual organisations but knowing the expertise of you guys I'm hoping someone has one in their archives of forms/files.

Cheers peeps

Namaste

Hi FASEN8R.

A 'subject access request' is not some kind of official letter or template, it is simply your request, using the 1998 Data Protection Act, for your personal information.

Your local council are legally obliged to have a system in place to deal with subject access requests.

Just write to them asking for whatever it is you want. But be warned, it may not be a straightforward process, as i have found out for myself. It makes things very tedious indeed when your local council are incompetent fools who have never bothered to cover their arses by having the correct procedure in place to deal with such requests. My council had never received a subject access request until i rattled their cage. I was the first person in my county to apply for CCTV footage and they didn't have a clue. I think their bloated salaries and nice fat public sector pensions have dulled their minds a bit. I just feel sorry for all the council tax payers who fund these goons.
DISCONNECT FROM THE CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT
Nemesis

Postby FASEN8R » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Nemesis wrote:
FASEN8R wrote:Hi all

Cheers peeps

Namaste

Hi FASEN8R.

A 'subject access request' is not some kind of official letter or template, it is simply your request, using the 1998 Data Protection Act, for your personal information.

Your local council are legally obliged to have a system in place to deal with subject access requests.

Just write to them asking for whatever it is you want. But be warned, it may not be a straightforward process, as i have found out for myself. It makes things very tedious indeed when your local council are incompetent fools who have never bothered to cover their arses by having the correct procedure in place to deal with such requests. My council had never received a subject access request until i rattled their cage. I was the first person in my county to apply for CCTV footage and they didn't have a clue. I think their bloated salaries and nice fat public sector pensions have dulled their minds a bit. I just feel sorry for all the council tax payers who fund these goons.

Thanks Nemesis,
I was more looking to see if anyone had actually drafted one up as I'd already spoken to the local council and, same as you, found out that they are totally incompetant....and this is at their first hurdle!! :clap: :giggle:
No worries anyway. The person that I spoke to was supposed to be the one that dealt with all requests etc unyet she didn't even know if they charged the fee of upto £10 for the priviledge!! I asked her if she would accept a Postal Order for the value of £10 and she told me to write it out to a Mr XXX XXXXX to which I told her surely that would be fraudulant because the fee would be payable to the council in question and NOT a individual/person!! She also asked me if i'd recieved THE FORM to fill in to which I also told her that it is NOT necessary as even a simple letter would be sufficient according to the Information Commisioners Office website! So at least they know they are dealing with someone thats already on the ball and has researched what I need to do.
I think my request was more of a case of if someone had already worded a letter well... if you know what I mean. Sometimes I know WHAT to write, its just getting it in context! :giggle:

Cheers :shake:

FASEN8R

Postby Nemesis » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi FASEN8R.

I think the key to writing a letter to the council is brevity. Concise and to the point in as few words as it takes to express what you want to say. Because i'm pretty certain that you're going to waste enough time getting passed from person to person, via phone calls and emails, because no one at your local council can quite work out the difference between their arse and their elbow. This has certainly been my experience.

Good luck with it all and keep us posted as to how you get on.

Nemesis.
DISCONNECT FROM THE CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT
Nemesis

Postby knightron » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Data Protection Act 1998. Subject Access Request.
Send this request including the £10 fee to the address which your bank has registered with the Data Protection Commissioner as the address of the Data Controller:-
Information Commissioners - Data Protection Public Register
(new address: Information Commissioners - Data Protection Public Register)

*PLEASE NOTE - Template letters from our Library should not be reproduced on the open forums. If you would like to let people know the wording of your letters simply link to the Letter in question.*

[quote]
[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years of historical information.
Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject access request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA Subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.
I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

[signature] or NOT...lol

[name]
Link to source
Hope this is what you were after bud..;) :shake: :hug:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
knightron

Postby FASEN8R » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:16 am

Thanks for that dude!
I had seen it amongst my searchings online and to be fair its the best one that I can use as a foundation to creating what I want.
This one is perfick for a banking request of course but I can add/delete the bits that dont apply etc..... as it's the local council i'm wanting the info from.
I actually got a few ideas/pointers from the minion I spoke to on the jellybone and will post up on this forum for others once i've drafted it.

I wasn't aware, until recently, that the records that Social Workers hold on you are kept within the council unyet records held by Health Visitors are keep with your GP, a totally seperate application is needed to receive both lots of info. It's probably known by some folk but thought i'd add it for the benefit of those that were unaware.

Cheers knightron :yes: :peace:

FASEN8R

Postby Welsh Father 1 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:55 pm

You may still get some use from here also...

http://www.fassit.co.uk/access_records.htm

I did one of these myself, with my own local authority, it is important to ask for emails, inter department stuff relating to you, hand written notes etc.

They waived the £10 also after I told them it's my data anyway, they have collected, and should have revealed to me without me having to ask!

Best of luck, you'll get a LOT of black marker lined pages!
Welsh Father 1

Return to Templates