the dvla sent me a fine for 60 quid for havin no road tax

Fill-in-the-boxes Templates that can be used to rebut a Summons or any Charge or Demand based on Statutes.

the dvla sent me a fine for 60 quid for havin no road tax

Postby bomont » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:22 am

what do i do
bomont

Re: the dvla sent me a fine for 60 quid for havin no road tax

Postby MikeThomas » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:45 pm

60 quid!!!!! WTF!!!! It was 80 quid this time last year. Bomont, please put up some more details so you can get some more informed advice and remember the 'No contract - Return to Sender' ploy.
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby Farmerboy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:19 am

I'm paying mine today, if I can find the paperwork.

As long as you are playing their game, you play by their rules.

FB
And the Emperor said "Throw the pedants to the lions!” And the pedants replied “Which kind of lions? There’s two types, you know…”
Farmerboy

Postby bomont » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:39 am

i bought a car it had no tax it was out side my house they took it without warning though but i signed it over to the council after they took it all this happend in the sapce of three days i replyed sayin i decline your contract offer now they sent me another there sayin they dnt take install ment the jokers
bomont

Postby jonboy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 am

I received a fine from the DVLA last week for "not informing them of scrappage of my old car" apparantly its an "offence", I wonder who was offended?!

It was swiftly returned to sender no contract.

It said the fine was £35 or £55 if I didnt pay within 7 days. Well I wont be paying a bean, ever. I'll keep you informed.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Bomont. :shake:

My advice is stand your ground m8. Dont give in to the twats. :yes:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby Bladerunner » Sat May 21, 2011 4:14 pm

jonboy wrote:I received a fine from the DVLA last week for "not informing them of scrappage of my old car" apparantly its an "offence", I wonder who was offended?!

It was swiftly returned to sender no contract.

It said the fine was £35 or £55 if I didnt pay within 7 days. Well I wont be paying a bean, ever. I'll keep you informed.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Bomont. :shake:

My advice is stand your ground m8. Dont give in to the twats. :yes:

Can you give us an update on what happened please Jonboy?
Even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.
Bladerunner

Postby treeman » Sat May 21, 2011 8:36 pm

bomont wrote:what do i do

Ignore it the same way they ignore you. :grin: :peace:
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby kenb » Mon May 23, 2011 9:33 pm

Bought my van sorn'd last year, and that's exactly how it remains, untaxed, and if the DVLA want to try anything I'll be waiting. :mrgreen:
Peace, luv and light :sun:
kenb

Postby spikeychops » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm in a similar boat with the DVLA.

Here's a quick run down of my situation, hopefully, it will look familiar to some of you if you've been through this yourselves.

With any luck, some kind soul can offer me advice as i'm a complete legal newbie. (i've read up and searched online for advice, and found this site)

Bought a used car earlier this year on the 16th of May.

The tax disc had expired at the end of April, so was out of date. I got the car home, and being a conscientious sort, wanted to tax it as soon as i could - so tried to tax it online, using the DVLA online service..it rejected my application as the MID database hadn't updated the owner details and i wasn't the registered keeper according to their records, and the car did not have valid insurance certificate either. I tried about five separate times to tax it...i even tried to SORN it, and was also rejected by the system for the same reasons.

I resolved myself with having to wait for the registration to be changed by the DVLA and my insurance documents to reach me, so i could go and tax it at the post office.

One and a half days later, on the 18th May, a DVLA van screeched to a halt outside my home, where the car is parked (on the road) and out jumps a bloke with a camera, taking snaps of the car and the out of date tax disc.

I approached him, and told him that i'd only just bought the car a couple of days ago, and that i have been trying to tax it, but without the relevant documents i could not do so...he said, "Oh that's all right mate, we're just taking a picture for our records", and in reply to my statement about trying to get tax, he said "yeah, sure...that's fine mate". With that he jumps back in his van and drives off.

Remembering being in similar circumstances decades ago, i always remembered there was a couple of weeks leeway given to owners of cars to get tax, if they'd just bought their cars...this is no longer the case apparently, as a short while later, i got a demand for payment of a 'penalty' from DVLA for not displaying a valid tax disc, and pay up or else! (paraphrasing).

I was hopping with anger i can tell ya! Bloody cheek! Their own bloody system wouldn't allow me to obtain the tax, despite repeated attempts to try and get the bloody tax, yet they were demanding money from me in the form of a fine for not having tax!!

I replied to the 'demand' for money and explained that i had only had the car for 2 days at the most, and that i had immediately been trying (unsuccessfully) to tax the car, and was fully prepared and willing to tax it, if their system had allowed me to do so, and that a quick check of ISP logs from the date i bought it, up until when the goon swooped in the van snapping the photos, i had tried on many occasions to tax the car.

They replied saying basically 'Tough luck'! (again, paraphrasing), and pay up or it's going to court. I have since received a court summons in regard to this tax fiasco and they want me in court in Jan 2012.

Any one else have experience of this sort of thing, and have any advice for me?

I realise all advice is on a take it or leave it basis, and forms no 'professional advice' or similar.

I'd be interested if anyone can point me in the right direction for 'Freeman on the land court representatives' please.
I'm out of work, have two small children to bring up, and don't have any money to pay any fines let alone fight this in court, but i don't want to give in to the extortionists, i want to fight this con, but i don't really have the right kind of brain to remember all of the in's and out's i will hav to remember if i have to go into court alone.

Does anyone know of an organisation that will help out a fellow Brit in a spot, with Freeman aid or speak for me in court who knows their way around the common law and can avoid the verbal traps the Admiralty law places in our way?

Cheers all.

(i want to fight this extortion)
spikeychops

Re: DVLA Fined me for impounded untaxed vehicle.

Postby alfie black » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:40 am

:psst: hi there, im an very new to this site and i do not know exactly where to go
to some attention regarding my case..

To start i sold my car to a mate who could not drive it home since it was untaxed,
so he left it on a private road, and unfortunatly the councils clampers were doing their
treasure hunts the following day.. DVLA later writes to me to inform me of a £162
for the vehicle being found without tax.

i have not intentions of paying this since i had already forked out sh*tloads to retrieve
the vehicle..

If i do not pay i will be looking at a £1000 in court. :giggle:

Can anyone help? Letter templates maybe?
alfie black

Next

Return to Templates