Causing an MOT RiPPle

Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.

Causing an MOT RiPPle

Postby fidgit » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi all, I have recently sent an MOT bill to the DVLA asking them to pay or give me legal right to ownership (not registered keeper) of my vehicle by recording it. I am just dipping my foot in the water to see what RiPPle is caused.

This is the letter:

To DVLA,

I have recently come across information which does state that you are the owner of the vehicle that I am the registered keeper of. I have recently taken the vehicle for an MOT and as a government agency you will be aware that I already pay road tax and petrol tax for your vehicle. This does not seem fair at all so I have sent you a copy of the bill that I paid for your vehicle’s MOT to make your car legal to drive on your roads. If you do not agree to settle your debt that I paid for you, please would you hand back the ownership of the vehicle by recording it in my name so that I am the only true owner which is what most people believe they are when they buy a vehicle. Indeed the process of registration is somewhat misleading and deceptive but I am sure that you may think that you have your reasons which are not my direct concern. Please pay the bill which is £35 or hand over the ownership of the car I believed I already owned by recording it in my name as the owner of the vehicle. If you do not reply within 21 days I would assume that this matter is settled and that you will be sending me a check or other means to reimburse me or, will be recording the vehicle in my name so that I am the owner of the vehicle. Please send me all relevant document and information for recording the vehicle to my ownership, thank you.

Your car registration: R886 ...
REGISTERED KEEPER: *
OWNER: DVLA (government agency)
REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE DOCUMENT REFERENCE NUMBER: 9019 734 ....

With great respect, please only reply in writing as it is my right to log and produce correspondence and I will look forward to your reply.

Yours respectfully,

(this part is in a box)
Note:
If a parking, speeding, red light ticket was issued to the owner of the vehicle who should pay the money that the government officials would want if the police/debt collectors felt that this is what they wanted to collect from the owner of the vehicle. What would happen if it went to a court as I would like to know as a point of interest? As I am sure that yourself and many other people would also like to know!
Thank you

I am still waiting for the reply but I am not getting my hopes up about a reasonable outcome, I'll keep you posted.
Last edited by fidgit on Fri May 08, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fidgit

Re: Causing an MOT RiPPle

Postby huntingross » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:06 pm

You may be onto something there....send them all the receipts for the upkeep of their vehicle and leave the ownership with them, and if they dont pay your out of pocket expenses, notify them that failure to do so will be deducted from other revenues, like car tax for example.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby markie b » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:59 am

:clap: 4 corner rule nice move :rotfl:
when injustice becomes law
rebellion becomes duty
markie b

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:40 am

Well, obviously, I wish you all the best with this one, m8 and I'll be keeping my eye on it - nice approach!!!

Peace and love,

Baldy
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby Veronica » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:16 am

Yes ... this is an excellent idea. Please keep us posted.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby fidgit » Fri May 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Ahh good, I got a reply today from the DVLA in responce to the above 1st letter, ha ha they are now entering my game, my controvercy by not answering my questions. Basically this is what they said;

"the agency is concerned with keeper ship rather that ownership of a vehicle".

The most part is about just dancing around what questions I asked and they say;

"if a dispute has arisen over ownrship or in whose name the vehicle is registered, the Department cannot become involved as it is only interested with who is keeping the vehicle"

and I assume this part is to put off an unsuspecting public member;

"an ownership issue has to be decided in a court of law".

to top it off;

"it states in your letter that you have recently come across some infomation which states that the DVLA is the owner of the vehicle. We have no records which suggest this".

Well ok, my first question is going to be in my reply: - WHO OWNS THE VEHICLE if I do not and the DVLA claim they are not either? Maybe I should claim the vehicle as being owned by myself also because I now have written conformation that they don't own it, that would mix it up a bit !! Ill rattle a letter up soon and keep it posted and up to date.
fidgit

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Fri May 08, 2009 7:55 pm

I can tell you they will say to first point that 'they do not keep records on owners/ownership' :giggle: (notice all the 'ships'? - admiralty again)

Just more wriggling, m8. If ya have a receipt for monies paid for the car, the 'law' says this is proof enough. As we REGISTER our cars, transferrign ownership, it is going to be nigh on impossible to get any gov dept to ADMIT the cons they perpetrate, but I do wish you well, m8

I have heard of peeps sending any fines or PCN's etc, which were adddressed to 'the owner' to the DVLA, but I've never seen any follow up on these, unfortunately.

Anyway, to stop myself from wobbling on....All the best with the line of attack, dude, go git em... :yes: :yes:

Peace and love,

Baldy
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby fidgit » Fri May 08, 2009 10:50 pm

Cheers pal, I was listening to a talk on sunday in B/ham by a guy who has ownership of vehicle so I think I am going to look into it a bit before I reply, I aint losing anything I didn't already know I had lost before I gave it away anyway !**&% and there are bigger issues to pursue. I'll ponder and post, ponder and post. . . I like it.

Just LOVE PEACE

here is the link: http://www.tpuc.org/content/interview-richardharrison-honorable-operat

What does it matter how one comes by the truth so long as one pounces upon it and lives by it
- Henry Miller
fidgit

Postby markie b » Sat May 09, 2009 6:33 am

il ask on foi website but there are a few companies that deal with motor vehicles its not just dvla thats the department of vehicle licensing agency there is also department of transport,the vehicle inspectorate vosa maybe there is a special records section aswell?
when injustice becomes law
rebellion becomes duty
markie b

Postby griffo » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:02 pm

hi the part of the response from the DVLA "an ownership issue has to be decided in a court of law"
is this an invitation to take it to law ? to find out who owns the car .
griffo

Next

Return to DVLA