Mask, or no mask, just a scenario.

Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.

Mask, or no mask, just a scenario.

Postby treeman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 pm

What if, some individual, had an old working conveyance, and a newer working conveyance, and the newer of the two conveyances, was refused insurance due to a third party claim. But the registerred keeper of both conveyances decided to swap the registration plates of the vehicles because the conveyance that was refused insurance, was the more mechanically safer and more asthetically pleasing to the eye, no rust, not looking worn out,etc. But still had insurance on the registration plate and also tax and mot. would the individual be in breach of contractual agreements and therefore, would not be acting lawfully. I am pretty sure it would be illegal in the legal sense, but if the vehicle had been mot,d with the masked identity, and proven to be roadworthy. So whom would be at a loss if there was no harm and injury incurred. Is it not the same as deregisterring a conveyance. This is just a scenario of course.
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Re: Mask, or no mask, just a scenario.

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Of course :wink: My insurance policy document lists the make and model and colour of my car, though, as well as the reg number. Presumably "the scenario" would work for as long as it took an eagle-eyed copper in a ANPR-enabled patrol car to spot that what should be a grey Vauxhall Astra looks remarkably like a red Nissan Primera and suddenly you've got A LOT of explaining to do...
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.
Jim

Postby treeman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:21 pm

But what if both conveyances were identical model and colour, just one was older and on its last legs, so to speak.

treeman

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:37 pm

what if it had the exact same make model colour AND reg plate as the car registered to a traffic warden and was driven through speed cameras enough times to clock up a high score on the traffic wardens behalf :giggle:
emmanualgoldstein

Postby treeman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Wouldnt it be less hassle to just run a traffic enforcement officer down, utilizing a conveyance with a masked identity. But that would cause loss and harm and injury, no doubt, but would be highly satisfying non the less, but this is just a scenario, remember.

treeman

Postby treeman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:25 pm

AND, wot if the powers ,that think they be, request inspection of the said conveyance.A request, not an order. What would be the options of the indiividual be.

treeman

Postby treeman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:43 pm

This scenario, has already concluded with the individual who set the question, so there can be no recourse. I posted the scenario, just to find out wot you would do, if you knowingly embarked on a similar course of action. legal/lawful.

treeman

Return to DVLA