Private Clamping Companies

Private Clamping Companies

Postby kevin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Today I saw some signs at a garage area of some flats, the usual private clamping signs..unauthorised parking here and we clamp you, release £120.

These companies claim that putting up the signs creates a contract if you park there, you have agreed to the terms on the sign, they clamp you and your forced to pay the release fee.

So. How about if you had a sign on your car when you parked there stating that any clamps fitted to the car would be charged at £2000 per hour? the sign...clearly visible for the clampers is as valid as their signs and creates just as much of a contract as theirs, you could even fit a lock to the clamp so it couldn't be removed before payment, it would be criminal damage if they damaged your lock.

So. has anyone got a vehicle they don't need very often?
kevin

Re: Private Clamping Companies

Postby gepisar » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:31 pm

Ive often wondered what would happen if you put these signs, small they may be, on the hub-caps.
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby MikeThomas » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:49 pm

I can see where you're coming from Kev but are you missing the bigger picture? These clamping signs are Notices. Lawful Notices put in place by a private company and are seen as law by those who dare to try to breach them. They are enforceable in Court although many people dare not go that far.

As these Notices are placed by a private company (could only be one person) and there is no time limit for objections, are they really valid?

If they are, then every Notice we issue carries the same validity. More so, as the recipeant gets time to rebutt the claims. Sauce for the goose anyone? :yes:
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby kevin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:52 pm

The flats relating to the parking area in question that I have seen are all privately owned flats, there's only about 6 of them, strangely with no parking problems and they've put ten signs up. I presume either they are paying this company to come and clamp or just phone them if someone parks there, either way the flat owners must have decided to have vehicles clamped by this company, a private arrangement between person and company.
kevin

Postby Farmer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:54 pm

For me its simple, private land, you have no business being there.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby kevin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:01 pm

In this case I would tend to agree with that, parking there is like parking in someone's driveway, but what about land you are invited onto for a set time and you over stay your welcome?
kevin

Postby kevin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Clampers introduce £100 'swear-box' charge for angry victims

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2241286/Clampers-introduce-100-swear-box-charge-for-angry-victims.html

Bulldog Services, which patrols the car park of retailer Comet in Bath, Somerset is levying the "abusive behaviour" fee on top of its £125 release cost.

The RAC Foundation said the firm was taking advantage of the "difficult and tense" situation to make a profit - but added there was nothing in law to stop the practice.

this is so out of order, everyone should boycott this shop right now! they did it with a Tesco's near me...the clampers were told their services were no longer required

They only get away with it because we let them!
kevin

Postby Farmer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:09 pm

kevin wrote:this is so out of order, everyone should boycott this shop right now! they did it with a Tesco's near me...the clampers were told their services were no longer required

They only get away with it because we let them!

Yes I agree.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Return to Wheel Clampers