council tax

council tax

Postby the trojan » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Okay folks, i Have informed the job centre that I no longer wish to sign on for the new deal.
I have also contacted the council to inform them I am no longer going to be living at the address i currently live.
The girl on the phone said I must inform them of my new address and there are forms to be filled in.
Now I am moving and not claiming any benefits and do not have a new address as of yet.
I intend to 'dissapear'

Does anyone have any experience regarding this situation.
the trojan
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:57 am

Re: council tax

Postby the_cat » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Not direct experience I don't think, but ........ I was made redundant from my job in 2000 and I didn't work 6 months and lived off savings. I then started my own business. About 1 year later I got a call from the Inland Revenue telling me that I needed to make a National Insurance payment for the 6 months that I was not working. They said I was not required to by law, but if I didn't then it would affect my state pension. Obviously, my answer was: "Ok, bye".

So, if you "fall out of the system" I don't think there is anything much they can do really.

Hope (but not convinced) this helps.
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:47 am

Return to Housing only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests