Help needed with selling a house , plesae !

Help needed with selling a house , plesae !

Postby IamallthatIam » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Right , after a year of trying to sell Si's mum's house we have finally got an interested party that has put in an offer and we have accepted. Now the problen we have got (and i really do need some help with this guys , having never sold a house before) is that we want to sell this property under private contract without getting a solictor involved. We want funds from the seller to be paid into a holding account instead of Mr T H Ieving - Bastards account, so that they do not get a penny towrards paying off their fraudulent non existent scam.

How do we go about doing what the solictor would normally do and transfer the title deeds etc into the names of the new lawful owners so that everything is above board rather than feeding their corruption.

i have got the final step all worked out , which is the big "FUCK YOU" card, to be sent to TMB , it's the bits in the middle i need a hand with.

Hmmmm ?????

Help !
Invito beneficium non datur - A benefit is not conferred upon one against his consent.
I DO NOT offer legal advice
- "I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!" -

- Saffi Elder (Aged 7)-
IamallthatIam

Re: Help needed with selling a house , plesae !

Postby 1965freeman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:45 pm

The only thing I can suggest is googling 'do-it-yourself' conveyancing. I fairly certain it is possible to do all the paperwork yourself, BUT the problem will come when the buyers solicitor tries to 'remove' the 'charge' against your property on the land reg. office title deed. in favour of their client (clients lender). This will be the hard bit. This may be where that interesting land reg. 'unilateral notice' comes in to play. Solicitors are usually used as 'escrow' agents, i.e. they hold any funds whilst the 'deal' goes through. Try talking to a local CONVEYANCER to see if they can be of more help.
good luck!
Andrew
"Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew.” (G.Apollinaire)
I do not offer legal advice, I offer common sense suggestions based on shared knowledge.
1965freeman

Postby Ivy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:41 am

Is a solicitor obliged to collect Stamp etc on behalf of the Govt? Can't they just act as the notifying body instructing Land Registry of a change in title? If you go to the Land Registry website http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/ and go to form TP2 I think you may be able to do it yourself?

Good luck
Ivy

Postby Farmer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:15 pm

There are lots of books in libraries on how to do this. It can all be done without a solicitor.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby huntingross » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi angie

From my understanding of it, you're on the easy side of the equation....you're selling.

Your buyer will do all the work, checking titles, dicharge of any burdens held on the land registry side etc.....you can do any required paperwork yourself, ie. any Terms and Conditions the buyer might make.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby 1965freeman » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Like I said, the problem will come when the buyer (or their solcitor) has to remove the charge held on the title deed by your existing mortgage lender. The land reg will not do this unless they receve confirmation of repayment of any existing 'loan' that raised this charge in the first place. I suggest people google 'Barclays vs Guy' where a crook managed to secure a mortgage on an already mortgaged piece of land....and so raised vast sums of cash on land HE DID NOT OWN!
"Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew.” (G.Apollinaire)
I do not offer legal advice, I offer common sense suggestions based on shared knowledge.
1965freeman

Postby huntingross » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:14 pm

I see your point 1965, but Angie hasn't said there is an outstanding debt on the house, if there was a debt it may have already been discharged from the register.

I'm just about to write a shitty letter to my bank because they won't return my title deeds, insisting I need to appoint a solicitor to write to them to ask....jobs for the boys....my solicitor is then to ask them what format they would like the dicharge notice in, so they can execute it, send it back to him to give it to me so I can issue it to the land registry.

They must think we came down in the last shower.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Farmer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:10 pm

huntingross wrote:They must think we came down in the last shower.

Well, up till now we did. Looks like they are in for some shocks soon.

I have had the deeds to my house once, but cannot remember how I actual got them. I paid cash for the house and it was all done through solicitors, so I guess that was the route. Actually, thinking about it, I remember the solicitor asking me whether he should look after it. I told them no, I prefer things in my own hands.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby IamallthatIam » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:38 pm

Hi folks ,

just been too blinking busy to get on here today, thanks all for your replies.

i have found what looks to be a very useful book by James: Francis called a straightforward guide to conveyancing , apparently you can do everything yourself no need for a solictior at all. yes there is a charge on the property. Si's mum owned it outright when she gifted it to him , si took out a remortgage on it so that we could buy the shop and the flat above , the idea being was so that she could move into it as the place is only three doors down from where we live. the whole point of it all was so that we could care for her as she had altzeimers , but alas i t never happened..

i am looking into doing the unilateral notice on it , need to look into it more though the moment. will fill everyone in as soon as I have read this book, looks like it should be pretty useful.
Invito beneficium non datur - A benefit is not conferred upon one against his consent.
I DO NOT offer legal advice
- "I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!" -

- Saffi Elder (Aged 7)-
IamallthatIam

Postby WireInTheBlood » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:33 pm

I would be interested to know an update on this - have you actually sold your property yet?
WireInTheBlood

Next

Return to Housing only