Council Tax

Income Tax, Council Tax, National Insurance and VAT issues.

Council Tax

Postby js41uk » Fri May 01, 2009 5:21 pm

After a very big delay with our council tax, we have just received the "Council tax adjustment notice" It does have the words "Bill Number" at the top of the page, under "Issue Date, and Account Number. The words "Council Tax Adjustment Notice" is in bold large print in the middle of the page, just above the centre of the page.

The delay was not our fault but, then there was a further delay as we have applied for housing benefit after my wife was made redundant.

Now, I am extremely reluctant to pay these people anything at all, (for obvious reasons, apart from poverty!), I haven't yet sent of my Nouicor, (That will be sent on 22nd June)and I have read recently something about my birth certificate bond number from Robert Menard. Whether that is the same in this country I am not sure and would appreciate some advice on that, but also the best way to deal with my council tax. Now the council tax notice is in both my wife’s name and mine, and she prefers to live in the bubble of ignorance. This I think will make things very difficult indeed. Any advice is welcome.
js41uk

Re: Council Tax

Postby Veronica » Sat May 02, 2009 9:51 pm

js41uk wrote:Now the council tax notice is in both my wife’s name and mine, and she prefers to live in the bubble of ignorance.

If this is the case, I don't think you have a lot of choice, unfortunately.

Whatever you do she will eventually undermine you when the going gets tough, I think you'll find.

I know it's hard ... but this business has a habit of breaking up families, where one side chooses to live in ignorance.

(Well that's just me ... others may take a different view. Just make sure you understand. We would not disrespect you if you decided to go along with it. Some can do this ... others have a mountain to climb before they can even think about doing it. It's the way it is. The PTB LOVE this situation. That's why the invented 'marriage')

Maybe your best bet would be to try to wake her up, before doing anything else?
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby js41uk » Sun May 03, 2009 7:18 pm

V your so right, i fear i have no choice. Thanks again for the help.
js41uk

Postby Lars » Sat May 16, 2009 5:10 pm

I have been reading this whole site over the past few days. Thanks for all the great information.

A few questions. Is it possible to see all the latest posts somehow, to quickly catch up from last time. That would be a great feature, I think.

Which template should I use for Counsil tax? I will seriously consider if I am ready before I send it but if there is a "nice" one just to see their reaction maybe I will go for it. I can't remember if I have read any success stories regarding Council Tax but I just got my "COUNCIL TAX ADJUSTMENT NOTICE". Is this one of the good ones to start with?
Lars

Postby jonboy » Sat May 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Lars you just click "view active topics" and hey-presto, all the latest posts in chronological order appear. :yes:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby Lars » Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Thanks jonboy - how silly of me :clap:

I also found the Counsil tax section.

Just getting used to the site.....
Lars

Return to Taxes