Car tax

Income Tax, Council Tax, National Insurance and VAT issues.

Car tax

Postby rockape » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi all, i was wondering if i could get some input on this matter..

Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 Chapter 22.
Part V, 68, Schedule 2 :

Exempt vehicles not for carriage

(3) A vehicle which is not constructed or adapted for use, or used, for the carriage of a driver or passenger is an exempt vehicle.

I think the word carriage is the important bit here, if ive got this right,the definition of driver or passenger is irrelevent as it states "for the carriage"...
I've looked this up in most dictionaries and most agree on the following..

Definitions of carriage: Taking and delivering goods; the transporting and delivering goods.
Charge for taking and delivering goods; a charge made for transporting and delivering goods.

Sorry if this is a non-brainer for some of you guy's..I'm just trying to getting everything right in my head, are most statuates a play on words?
Thanks guy's
rockape

Re: Car tax

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:35 pm

I'm with you, but I'd say that if you are correct - and I belive you are, then the DRIVER and PASSENGER is also important - bear with me.

Carriage - as you say, the transportation of goods or people, yes.

Driver - the operator, earning his living from driving.

Passenger - someone being conveyed for a fare.

So, to be exempt, our cars are 'private automobiles', or 'my conveyance of the day'.

I do not have 'passengers', I have 'guests', as they pay me no monies as fare.

Once you see past the legalese BS - you see how they get you to consent. How many times have you looked at your V5 and actually read the words? - Your MOTOR VEHICLE - it is LICENCED to carry a strict number of people, called DRIVER and PASSENGERS - the language they use, should you use it, IS your consent - you are using their terminology, therefore their rules and statutes are in force BY using these words.

It is NOT a no-brainer as, each time this is repeated, the message gets firmer,clearer and louder - see?

Well done, Rockape - good questions and research, m8 - keep it up, dude.

Peace and love,

Baldy

ps - the Rockape thing - you weren't RAF Regiment were ya? - hence rockape?
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby rockape » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Baldbeardydude,

Thanks for you input, i'm finding the definitive definitions of words hard to source,
the carriage was easy found in dictionaries online,

However for Driver and passenger i could not find your definition?
Do you have a source you could steer me in the direction of, no pun intended...lol

Cheers mate...

Yes i was a grunt for many years..
rockape

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Most certainly, my friend - here is a link to an online edition of both Editions I & II of Blacks law Dictionary - you'll find them in there. You may like to research more modern law books for more, also.

http://www.blacks.worldfreemansociety.org/top.htm

Happy hunting!!

Peace and love,

Baldy - Pete
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby jonboy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:15 pm

I have a keen interest in this subject. I studied the road traffic act in great detail (almost to the point of banging my head on the table). I couldn't get to the bottom of the words PASSENGER, DRIVER, or VEHICLE. The canadians have it sewn up pretty conclusively. Vehicles are only vehicles once registered, otherwise they are just cars, vans etc. Drivers are steersmen of vehicles, acting in commerce upon the highway, and passengers are occupants of vehicles, paying a fare to the driver. I am trying to get to the bottom of this for the UK but I keep hitting dead ends. They have made it more difficult here for sure. But Instinct tells me that we do not differ from the Canadians.
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby huntingross » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 pm

With regard to my query last night, and how using 'their' definitions to make 'our' point leads us to a flawed arguement....I would not rely on 'their' definitions to further 'our' case any longer....It's a question of clarity of thought.

Start at the 27th April and read on :

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=101
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:29 pm

jonboy wrote:I have a keen interest in this subject. I studied the road traffic act in great detail (almost to the point of banging my head on the table). I couldn't get to the bottom of the words PASSENGER, DRIVER, or VEHICLE. The canadians have it sewn up pretty conclusively. Vehicles are only vehicles once registered, otherwise they are just cars, vans etc. Drivers are steersmen of vehicles, acting in commerce upon the highway, and passengers are occupants of vehicles, paying a fare to the driver. I am trying to get to the bottom of this for the UK but I keep hitting dead ends. They have made it more difficult here for sure. But Instinct tells me that we do not differ from the Canadians.

Quite right in that - we are the same - their laws are based on ours. Our cars become 'MOTOR VEHICLES' when registered (usually from new, as the dealer sends the original title off - we do not get it) The giveaway is in the 'DEFINITIONS' section on the V5 itself!! - as I have said - get it out and READ it carefully, peeps!! If it is not INCLUDED in thier definitions, it is EXCLUDED!!

huntingross wrote:With regard to my query last night, and how using 'their' definitions to make 'our' point leads us to a flawed arguement....I would not rely on 'their' definitions to further 'our' case any longer....It's a question of clarity of thought.

Exactly! - if we add both of your summations together, we get the truth of the matter - nice one, guys!! :clap: Who the feck needs lawyers? :rotfl:

Peace and love,

Baldy
BaldBeardyDude

Postby jonboy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Just got the V5 out for my van, I can't see a definitions section :puzz:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby rockape » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:15 pm

I've spent time dicecting this sentance,
and im 99.9% sure this is our proof and argument that we are excempt from vehicle excice
as their own statuates clearly state the case...im gonna use this...
From now on when asked im in "control" of not driver of said automobile.. I thankyou...

Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 Chapter 22.
Part V, 68, Schedule 2 :

Exempt vehicles not for carriage

(3) A vehicle which is not constructed or adapted for use, or used, for the carriage of a driver or passenger is an exempt vehicle.
rockape

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:19 pm

If they haven't put it on it'll be in the act itself, then. It used to be on the V5 - must have moved it cos of all those misguided but knowledgeable and determined freemen..... :mrgreen:

It will be on either V5, or in the act. They define a MOTOR VEHICLE, so they MUST tell you what constitues one, in thier world.

Peace and love,

Baldy - Pete
BaldBeardyDude

Next

Return to Taxes