Counterclaim returned - may give up...

Income Tax, Council Tax, National Insurance and VAT issues.

Counterclaim returned - may give up...

Postby NoName » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi Folks,
I'm considering throwing the towel in on council tax this year...

I have a strong case (I think) for fraud and extortion against the council, put the paperwork together & sent it off...

My counter-claim was sent back - I apparently sent it to the wrong court. I think that an appeal/counter-claim will have to be in within a week, but it seems apparent to me that I really do not know enough to fight them this year, and I have too much on... I was considering seeing a solicitor - and phoned one that was recommended to me, but he was on holiday...

Is there anyone out there who can help with a counter-claim? Does anyone know a decent solicitor? (I know it's a tall order)

If not, I don't feel I've lost anything, the experience has been invaluable, and there's *always* the re-match next year...
“Person” includes a body of persons corporate or unincorporate.
Interpretation Act 1978 (c.30)
NoName

Re: Counterclaim returned - may give up...

Postby MikeThomas » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:00 pm

He who turns and walks away, lives to fight another day!

Good try mate! As you said: there's always next year. :yes:
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:13 pm

Yeah, no probs, m8 - as you say, go away and learn to fight them better! No harm in that, my friend. :yes: :mrgreen:
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby IamallthatIam » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:08 pm

There is no such thing as a decent solicitor, their frst priority is always to the court. If you want to fight this then you will have to do it yourself and if that means you need to go away and learn more first, then thats the way it is. But never give up. you can always come back for round two, just dont walk away. "He who leaves the battlefield always loses by defualt", the answer there is , don't leave the battlefield, just find a nice quiet corner and read until you know all you need to in order to carry on and fight another day !!

love and light
Angie x x
Invito beneficium non datur - A benefit is not conferred upon one against his consent.
I DO NOT offer legal advice
- "I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!" -

- Saffi Elder (Aged 7)-
IamallthatIam

Postby kevin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:55 pm

IamallthatIam wrote:There is no such thing as a decent solicitor, their frst priority is always to the court. If you want to fight this then you will have to do it yourself and if that means you need to go away and learn more first, then thats the way it is. But never give up. you can always come back for round two, just dont walk away. "He who leaves the battlefield always loses by defualt", the answer there is , don't leave the battlefield, just find a nice quiet corner and read until you know all you need to in order to carry on and fight another day !!

love and light
Angie x x

Isn't it amazing how your posts have changed over time Angie :shake: do you remember when you came here.

back on topic, yes your better off regrouping and putting together a good case rather than loosing, a good fighter picks his/her fights when ready.
kevin

Return to Taxes