Private Members Club?

Private Members Club?

Postby Greg M » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:12 pm

My wife makes natural cosmetics with no emulsifiers or chemical preservatives, just organic plant butters, juices, waxes and plant oils, plus pure essential oils, As a result these creams need to be used within 3 months, but EU law says that cosmetics sold to the public have to be tested and must have a shelf life of at least 12 months. Failure to do so has a max fine of £20,000 or up to 2 years in prison! No wonder our cottage industries have been disappearing!

My wife doesn't want to add harmful stuff to preserve the creams and her friends are enjoying such a pure and beautiful product. Does anyone know of anybody who has set up a private members club in the UK (as the Amish have done in the USA to buy raw milk which is illegal to sell to the public) or any other method she could use to legally or lawfully get her products out there?

Many thanks

Greg
Greg M

Re: Private Members Club?

Postby squark » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:17 am

Call it Meditative Face Cream. Make a label that says
"Although the maker of this cream enjoys using it on their face it is sold for meditation purposes only. EU law says a fine of £20k may apply if we sell it as a cosmetic. Meditate on that for a while."
And the Lord spake unto his people, he said "Get Off MY Bloody Land!"
And the people gave unto the Lord, freely they gave him The Finger
squark

Re: Private Members Club?

Postby MikeThomas » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:08 am

EU law says a fine of £20k may apply if we sell it as a cosmetic. Meditate on that for a while."

Love it! :giggle:
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Return to Healthcare only