The Language of LAWYERS

The Language of LAWYERS

Postby huntingross » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:50 am

From the horses mouth -

George B Doodnaught, LL.B, LL.M (PIL) September 2012 - http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AChaAdiTHfMJ:www.academia.edu/2474368/Scotland_UK_Secession_International_Legal_Considerations+uk+recognises+emergent+states&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

at '4.3.2 THE QUESTION: REQUIREMENTS FOR LEGITIMACY '

"That's why we have lawyers. They study a language for three years - and they learn it - and it's a language that if a normal person read it, they'd have a stroke." Lewis Black, Stark Raving Black (2009).

AND that is why there are LAW DICTIONARIES
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Re: The Language of LAWYERS

Postby holy vehm » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:10 pm

:yes:

What do you know about the interpretations act HR?

My comprehension of it is that all acts must be interpreted in plain english as in the oxford english unless otherwise stated.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Re: The Language of LAWYERS

Postby huntingross » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:39 pm

holy vehm wrote:What do you know about the interpretations act HR?

I know that no road lies on a horizontal plane and no roadside camera can measure a passing car in a straight line. So no Act can make a camera enforceable against an alleged speeding offence. Section 8.

Other than that and from my personal experience in Court, no Acts are given their plain english meaning.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Return to Frequently Asked Questions