Copyright Trademark Name Claim

Re: Copyright Trademark Name Claim

Postby JockFry » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:19 pm

I'm just thinking that when my band first recorded our E.P we posted the CD to ourselves and it was copyrighted, so I'm guessing if I print off my copyright notice and go through the same process it would be the same? it says on this website ( http://www.ihaveawebsite-nowwhat.co.uk/copyright-facts-and-myths.htm ) that this process doesn't prove that the WORK or CREATION was originally done by you, but it is yourself or "person" you are copyrighting and I'm pretty sure the government haven't copyrighted it already,
"You are better than no-one but their is no-one better than you"

"Evil man makes me kill you, Evil man makes you kill me, Evil man makes me kill you, even though we're only families apart"
Jimi Hendrix MACHINE GUN
JockFry

Postby free_spirit » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:28 pm

JockFry wrote:I'm just thinking that when my band first recorded our E.P we posted the CD to ourselves and it was copyrighted, so I'm guessing if I print off my copyright notice and go through the same process it would be the same? it says on this website ( http://www.ihaveawebsite-nowwhat.co.uk/copyright-facts-and-myths.htm ) that this process doesn't prove that the WORK or CREATION was originally done by you, but it is yourself or "person" you are copyrighting and I'm pretty sure the government haven't copyrighted it already,

That's F**kin confusing Jock, having said that it's Friday :grin:
WAKE UP PEOPLE OR ELSE ON YOUR DEATH BED YOU WILL BE THINKING, WHAT THE F**K WAS ALL THAT ABOUT
free_spirit

Postby huntingross » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Jock, that used to be the 'poor mans' copyright...it doesn't really work....it was the sealed envelope and don't open it when you receive it.....check the link, Item 3...UKCS
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby JockFry » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:46 pm

I'll keep trying other ways :thinks: but in the mean time I'm about to find out about a quote for my notice in my local paper the Gazette & Herald
i'll see what they say :sun:

"Evil man makes me kill you, Evil man makes you kill me, Evil man makes me kill you, even though we're only families apart"
Jimi Hendrix MACHINE GUN
JockFry

Postby huntingross » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:26 pm

For Commercial Lien I've started a new thread, please post here -

Commercial Lien
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby JockFry » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:26 pm

it will cost me £128 to declare my copyright notice in the Gazette & Herald

Jimi Hendrix MACHINE GUN
JockFry

Postby free_spirit » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Has the gazette told you that a lawyers letter is required too?

James
WAKE UP PEOPLE OR ELSE ON YOUR DEATH BED YOU WILL BE THINKING, WHAT THE F**K WAS ALL THAT ABOUT
free_spirit

Postby JockFry » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:27 pm

nope no mention of a lawyers letter, I went on their website and asked them what I had to do to declare a public notice and I was re-directed to a woman elizabeth aspinall who asked what I wanted to put on my public notice and so I e-mailed her my copyright notice, then she got back to me today and said I had to contact her before 1:00pm today with my payment details along with my full name and address

Jimi Hendrix MACHINE GUN
JockFry

Postby free_spirit » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:06 pm

which gazette i.e location is that?

James
free_spirit

Postby JockFry » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:53 pm

hi James,

It's the Wiltshire Gazette & Herald http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/ I clicked on the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page and asked what I had to do or who do I to speak to declare my public notice in their paper

Jimi Hendrix MACHINE GUN
JockFry

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Questions