Copyright Trademark Name Claim

Re: Copyright Trademark Name Claim

Postby huntingross » Thu May 28, 2009 12:09 pm

If you don't register it (thier world) you need to declare it (our world).

How you declare it depends on your sphere of influence, geographically speaking...I put my advert in the Edinburgh Evening News with a wide circulation and "notice to one is notice to all" comment.

A declaration is your public statement. The reason you do it.....that's is so no one has "reasonable excuse" of not knowing, and therefore do not have the defence of ignorance.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Veronica » Thu May 28, 2009 12:24 pm

Yes ... excellent point.

"Registration" & "Licencing" is the fictional world of Legalese, Statutes, Lawyers, Solicitors, Policymen and all other Organic Robots.

"Declaration" is the real world of Common Law. You declare your position, give due notice, act honourably, use independent witnesses wherever necessary (obviously can be friends ... but not family/dependents), and Bob's your uncle. (Actually that's true in the case of my offspring, because I have a brother Robert).
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Catnap » Thu May 28, 2009 2:12 pm

So would a web page declaring it be sufficient? Just exploring this one as I want to understand fully and get it right. If I had my own website and declared it on there I would think I could argue that I had declared it to as large an audience as reasonably possible?
Namaste

Claire

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security shall deserve neither and lose both. Benjamin Franklin
Catnap

Postby Veronica » Thu May 28, 2009 3:21 pm

That's actually quite a good question. Interesting.

I think probably the answer is "No", because a WebPage is so easy to change.

Whereas, if it is published in a newspaper, that goes on to some fixed record (which is then outside of your control, and would mean you could no longer 'add bits to it')

Interesting topic for further discussion.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Catnap » Thu May 28, 2009 3:28 pm

Ah, I see your point. Hadnt thought of that one.

I know this is silly but I was thinking of the way churches call the bans for weddings. What if you posted your declaration on your gate or front door?

Sorry to be pedantic but I am very interested in this whole nature of declaration and what it constitutes.
Namaste

Claire

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security shall deserve neither and lose both. Benjamin Franklin
Catnap

Postby Veronica » Thu May 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Catnap wrote:Sorry to be pedantic ...

Don't apologise ... it's worth discussing ...
Catnap wrote:I know this is silly but I was thinking of the way churches call the bans for weddings. What if you posted your declaration on your gate or front door?

... there may very well be some merit in that idea. I think churches also publish the banns in local papers?

(Oh come on! I was married in 1968 ... and not in a church. Do you expect me to remember? It's not something I really want to remember anyway!)

Huntingross is the expert ... see what he says ...
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Catnap » Thu May 28, 2009 5:07 pm

lol :rotfl:

Ah, but they posted bans before the advent of newspapers and before the masses could read (although I only think the masses couldnt read a couple of hundred years ago because thats what I was taught in school and I dont trust any of that anymore) :psst:
Namaste

Claire

Catnap

Postby huntingross » Thu May 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Trust me to log on when V has just done a build up....expert I'm not.

I have put my information (incomplete NOUiCOR and my completed Copyright Claim / Notice and Declaration) on my webpage as a public display of intent, but I don't consider it to be a public place....despite huge access via the world wide audience, it is actually an exclusive place to "post", in other words it is only visible if you know how to search, have the equipment, and know what you're looking for.

When you think of the word "post", it is what it says....people used to nail there notice on a post, chuch gate, town hall etc...anywhere in public that their peers would reasonably see (notice) and be informed....nail your colours to the post...for example.

As mentioned, I posted my declaration in the Evening News, but I think it was MarkieB that posted a thread about Gazettes, where I shall post further declarations I need to make...and is actually cheaper per inch.

These can be used as evidence if required and the paper will send you a proof.

Hope this is helping.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Catnap » Fri May 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Huntingross - yes thank you, you are all helping allot.

Usually I am quite quick to graspe things but am struggling with the difference between Copyright Trademark Name Claim, Affidavits sent to the queen (was reading about this on TUPAC) and NOUICOR's etc. I am reading and reading and reading but seem to be getting myself more confused. Hearing how Woody has been treated by the police I am keen to get something in to place.

My first steps are the TV license and my only credit card but I want to be doing more. I am also looking at ways to pull out of the system work wise (am being made redundant any way and have no desire to go and work for another commercial organisation who only cares about lining th pockets of share holders). I dont mean not work but to work outside the system.

I know I cant do anything more at the moment until I understand 110%. Thank you for your patience!
Namaste

Claire

Catnap

Postby huntingross » Fri May 29, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi Catnap

Sounds like you're trying to cover the spectrum, I started with the things I want to change, it helps me focus on where I am and where I want to be.

PM me if you want specific help on the things you list, I'll tell you what I can or who can assist better.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Questions