Copyright Trademark Name Claim

Re: Copyright Trademark Name Claim

Postby Veronica » Tue May 12, 2009 5:29 pm

bilco wrote:I thought you could call yourself by any name as long as it wasn't for fraudulent purposes.

You can.

And the best way to do that is by Deed Poll. And a Deed Poll can be witnessed by 3 independent witnesses, and it is valid. I'll put the text up as soon as I get time ... in fact I could make a Template out of it.

So ... where's the version of the User Agreement for Natural WOMen, then?

Where's the one that simply refers to "Natural Human Beings with living souls" ... that would be useful to those who are NOT of a manly persuasion?

(Talk about a bloody "Man's World"! I mean, it wouldn't be quite so bad ... but YOUR HOST IS NOT A MAN! :grin: )
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby bilco » Wed May 13, 2009 8:44 am

Veronica wrote:
bilco wrote:I thought you could call yourself by any name as long as it wasn't for fraudulent purposes.

You can.

And the best way to do that is by Deed Poll. And a Deed Poll can be witnessed by 3 independent witnesses, and it is valid. I'll put the text up as soon as I get time ... in fact I could make a Template out of it.

So ... where's the version of the User Agreement for Natural WOMen, then?

Where's the one that simply refers to "Natural Human Beings with living souls" ... that would be useful to those who are NOT of a manly persuasion?

(Talk about a bloody "Man's World"! I mean, it wouldn't be quite so bad ... but YOUR HOST IS NOT A MAN! :grin: )

When I get a bit more up to speed on all this stuff, I'll try to answer that V. Why not change your name to Veronica Chapwoman :giggle:
bilco

Postby Veronica » Wed May 13, 2009 9:07 am

bilco wrote:Why not change your name to Veronica Chapwoman :giggle:

Very clever. And deserves an even cleverer answer.

Which is:

I'm commonly called Veronica: of the Chapman family ... and there is no Chapwoman family. To disavow my ancestry, and to start a Chapwoman family, would be rather audacious of me ... a bit like saying "I'm Windsor ... not Saxe-Coburg Gotha"

If I did make that change, I'd better go the whole hog n'est-ce pas? Veronica: of the Tartwoman family?
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby SoulWave » Wed May 13, 2009 11:36 am

Hi V, and all who are interested in Deed Polls.

I have a template here at my website. I did my own "D.I.Y" Deed poll back in 2006, but I have modified it slightly to include the : between the names. My old Deed poll still had my last name in upper case (I wasn't 'aware' then of the legal fiction), so I'm thinking of re-doing it and using the : format, and tacking on some Roman numerals for added clarification/distiction between the old format and the new one. almos like a new incarnation of me lol. eg. Mark: Saravana II. (You can, as a point of interest, tack on as many roman numerals as you like onto a name, but not symbols or cardinal numbers.)

If anyone wants the template, here is the link to it.

http://thefreemanfiles.webs.com/Deed%20Poll%20Template_doc.doc
SoulWave

Postby Veronica » Wed May 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Almost identical to mine which I've put up as a Template.

However, as you'll see, mine wasn't done by referring to Statutes ... even though I did use a Solicitor.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby SoulWave » Wed May 13, 2009 6:02 pm

Ah, yes, the bit about the British Nationality Act is missing from yours. I will do the same when I re-do mine, as stupidly, (though unaware at the time) my 'surname' was in capitals, and it contains the above act. I'll be sure to remove the statute bit next time.

Also, my very first original deed poll ended up with only one witness, and that was never a problem. I was also never asked for any form of ID when I took it to the bank to get the relevant changes made, which did surprise me at the time, as when I had to cancel a lost bank card, they wanted all sorts of information. They took a photocopy of the deed poll, and that was it. :grin: Whether that would be the same now as a few years ago I'm not sure, but I'll try it when I make the next one.
SoulWave

Postby Veronica » Wed May 13, 2009 6:23 pm

Oh I had great fun with one lot. I'd changed everything over in 1998.

Then, in 2008, I was contacted by a Pension Company I'd forgotten all about (It was from a company I had only worked with for about 18 months, so the Pension itself wasn't really worth having, to be honest). It was all in my previous name.

They asked for my Deed Poll. Now ... the other part of it is:

1. That Solicitor no longer 'practices'

2. The Post Office CHEERFULLY ADMIT to losing 30 Berth Sustifcates per month.

So I told the Pension Company I'd lost it (hadn't really ... but I couldn't be bothered to dig it all out ... and go through all that rigmarole again. I've been Veronica for so long, it's like ... ancient history, as far as I'm concerned)

Anyway ... much to-ing & fro-ing in the way of letters (and there are plenty of examples of the way I write on this Forum!), I eventually said: "I can send you my Driving Licence. It would be a problem if that were lost but I could, eventually, get a replacement".

They wrote back saying "Oh ... that's OK ... we will accept who you are ... and change the name".

Yes ... threaten them with your Driving Licence!
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby rockape » Wed May 13, 2009 6:24 pm

huntingross wrote:Ok everyone...that's the suite of documents to make a Copyright Trademark Name Claim

The User Agreement, The Copyright Declaration and the Copyright Notice.

Use and enjoy.

Hi huntingross, can you clear up a few points for the layman?

User agreement.. 3x witness signiture one signed over a stamp/as seal? photocopy of this agreement sent with copyright notice to breaching party signed and sealed with stamp?
Copyrights Notice..detail of breaching party/name and address is this put next to schedule of service? if not then where?

i been getting confused on this one?!, still on my learning curve, would be most greatful..

peace Rockape...
rockape

Postby huntingross » Wed May 13, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi Rockape

Yes to the User Agreement and Copyright Notice and
Yes to the details of infringers next to the Schedule of Service. This will be a growing list detailing there Fees aswell.

All sent Recorded Delivery.

My Declaration is being published tomorrow, £275 inc VAT
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Zaniwhoop » Wed May 13, 2009 9:55 pm

huntingross wrote: Also, in a letter they are not pretending to be me, but they still don't have permission to USE it.
Ya, I thought of that after posting my reply. It's a bit like if someone copies a photo you have taken and copyrighted really isn't it? That's why I have to think these things through pretty carefully before acting on them, doh!
Shaw's principle.
"A government which robs Peter
to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul"

Sublato fundamento cadit opus The foundation being removed, the superstructure falls.
Zaniwhoop
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Questions