What is the law of nations

What is the law of nations

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:49 am

Idea and General Principles of the Law of Nations. (been posted here before...but still...)

http://www.pixi.com/~kingdom/lawintro.html

http://www.lonang.com/exlibris/vattel/

Older than people think....once a nation if formed other nations must observe and recognise. Get in to it. It is well worth it.

Since Nations are free and independent of one another as men are by nature, the second general law of their society is that each Nation should be left to the peaceable enjoyment of that liberty which belongs to it by nature. The natural society of nations can not continue unless the rights which belong to each by nature are respected. No Nation is willing to give up its liberty; it will rather choose to break off all intercourse with those who attempt to encroach upon it.
SOVEREIGN: not controlled by outside forces: autonomous; self-governing; independent "a sovereign people" <> "by any peaceful administritive means necessary" - the way of the order.
the_common_law_reverend_kenny

Re: What is the law of nations

Postby huntingross » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 pm

Here's it is also as a PDF version

http://www.state-citizen.org/The%20Law%20of%20Nations%20or%20the%20Principles%20of%20Natural%20Law%20(1758)Emmeric.pdf
The US constitution was written against the back drop of this document and references it directly in Article 1.

Other essential reading on this subject is the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations 1961

http://untreaty.un.org/ilc/texts/instruments/english/conventions/9_1_1961.pdf

and

The Montevideo Convention on the Rights and Duties of States 1933

http://www.cosmopolitikos.com/Documents/Montevideo%20(1933).pdf

And to complete this little list, the State Immunity Act 1978

http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/legResults.aspx?LegType=All+Legislation&title=state+immunity+act&searchEnacted=0&extentMatchOnly=0&confersPower=0&blanketAmendment=0&TYPE=QS&NavFrom=0&activeTextDocId=1501906&PageNumber=1&SortAlpha=0

It is a crime against the sovereign for a foreign nation to commit violence against an Ambassador.....it is so fundamental to the business of doing business around the globe.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:28 am

Why is this thread so important?
SOVEREIGN: not controlled by outside forces: autonomous; self-governing; independent "a sovereign people" <> "by any peaceful administritive means necessary" - the way of the order.

Postby ArturoDekko » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:48 am

Was that a rhetorical question Reverend?
I have only scanned through the docs. so forgive me if the answers are there and I have not seen them.

Can we form a Nation of Sovereign Individuals without a territory other than the land each Sovereign Individual lives on?
Or Since we are the indigenous species and since no land ownership can be said to have a truly lawful beginning, being, at some time, taken by force, can we claim the world as our territory and charge them all rent? :8-):
How do we get a nation recognised and taken seriously?

AD
S E E F O R Y O U R S E L F

Know yourself and you shall know the truth. The truth shall set you free.
ArturoDekko

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Lol...no it was a real question for comment,much appreciate it. I see we can form nations yes.

We are a peoples and have the perfected right of self determination. Without question. We can form micro/mini and macro nations, enclaves whatever. Even, yes because of the last 1000 years ( carving up the lands between lords et al) there are many nations without a geographical land'claim' All of our administrative front end should be on an international level."Operate from outside of the framework" as opposed to from 'within the framework as a disgruntled (single citizenship UK citizen)

One nation of many nations so to speak. Operating internationally. :sun:

Postby huntingross » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:48 pm

The Law of Nations is followed (as far as I can see) by united nations evidenced by the treaties that they are signatory to.

Law of Nations - Book 1 - Chapter 1 :

Article 1.

"From the very design that induces a number of men to form a society which has its common interests, and which is to act in concert, it is necessary that there should be established a Public Authority, to order and direct what is to be done by each in relation to the end of the association. This political authority is the Sovereignty; and he or they who are invested with it are the Sovereign."

Men form a society for common interest....and by necessity establish a Public Authority. This political authority IS the Sovereignty AND he or they who are invested with it are the Sovereign.

Article 2.

"It is evident, that, by the very act of the civil or political association, each citizen subjects himself to the authority of the entire body, in every thing that relates to the common welfare. The authority of all over each member, therefore,
essentially belongs to the body politic, or state; but the exercise of that authority may be placed in different hands, according as the society may have ordained."

The authority of all over each member, therefore, essentially belongs to the body politic, or state.

So you can see why the "body politic" or "state" or "sovereign" or "public authority" or "political authority" (as it is called above) is loathed to relinquish their authority. You have to "get out from under" if you're to be treated as an equal, it is the method that has been used and continues to be used to "get out from under".....how many ruling governments have been persuaded to reform in history to date....

Self determination is premised on the fact that each and every man has the natural right.

Remember what Lincoln and Jefferson said

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3286&hilit=secede#p31306

In particular the bit "of so much of the territory as they inhabit". He specifically DID NOT say "own"
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby ArturoDekko » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Great, a world wide Nation of Sovereign Nations :clap:
In particular the bit "of so much of the territory as they inhabit". He specifically DID NOT say "own"
Glad about that bit as I rent. However I am in a flat, does that mean my territory is the bit of space the flat resides in? It does have a drive and garden so they would have to cross my territory to get to me. I shall have to erect a customs post and passport control :giggle:

You are now entering the Sovereign Nation State of Quintessence
Postmen may enter under diplomatic immunity
All others must apply in advance to this address for a Visa before entry will be granted.
:8-):

A Nation seems one step up from a society.
Still have the question of how this becomes recognised.
Love and Light :love: :sun:
AD
S E E F O R Y O U R S E L F

Know yourself and you shall know the truth. The truth shall set you free.
ArturoDekko

Postby huntingross » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:11 pm

Montevideo Convention

ARTICLE 7
The recognition of a state may be express or tacit. The latter results from any act which implies the intention of recognizing the new state.

ARTICLE 3
The political existence of the state is independent of recognition by the other states. Even before recognition the state has the right to defend its integrity and independence, to provide for its conservation and prosperity, and consequently to organize itself as it sees fit, to legislate upon its interests, administer its services, and to define the jurisdiction and competence of its courts.

Whilst the UK struggles with the existence of Fidach, I am resolute in holding the line.....the more that stand up, the harder it will be to deny it's happening.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Return to Frequently Asked Questions