NEW CRITERIA FOR BLUE BADGE HOLDERS.

NEW CRITERIA FOR BLUE BADGE HOLDERS.

Postby emerald city » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:37 am

There is now a "new criteria" coming into force soon. The old one was bad enough, having to answer questions put to you bysome nameless girl in the Council office over the phone. ~Who "ticked boxes" to decide who was elegible. Mad...
If you asked what their criteria was then they wouldn't tell you.
BUT the new scheme means that anyone who has to renew their badge now has to pay them £10 for the privilege. !! :puzz:

One old lady of 80 I know tried to renew and was told she didn't meet the new criteria (whatever that is).... she can only walk with the aid of a zimmer frame as she has severe arthritis. And God knows what else.

From "time to time people will be assessed from an "assessment team"..... :police: note: no contact with your own GP for medical advice.

Now what I would like to know is just how stupid these questions are, which somehow no-one seems to have any info. about. Answer one question that dosn't quite tick the box and disabled people are finished.
I am interested to know what anyone who has a badge thinks about this.

Of course getting disabled people off their badges means that they can then issue fines for their coffers. That's why they want to stop blue bad people - who are ill. They are a nuisance as they do not earn revenue for the Council. :no:
emerald city

Re: NEW CRITERIA FOR BLUE BADGE HOLDERS.

Postby cooky560 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Disgusting, I recently learnt that my local council offers a scheme for some hundreds of pounds which allows anyone to park in any car park, like a parking "season ticket" perhaps their plan is to move people away from blue badges on to this money maker?
cooky560

Re: NEW CRITERIA FOR BLUE BADGE HOLDERS.

Postby pooky2483 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:38 pm

It's all down to the Government giving localised 'Government' more powerto get money from us as they have lost 'funding' from the 'Government' in London.
pooky2483

Return to General Freeman related questions