Discharging Student Loans

Discharging Student Loans

Postby smoky » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Hello fellow freemen. Does anyone know the procedure to follow to discharge student loans? I'm over 7 grand in debt, however I am ready to lift this financial debt off my shoulders and discharge it if only I knew the correct procedure to follow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
smoky

Re: Discharging Student Loans

Postby huntingross » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm not up to speed with student loans (i was under the grant system)....but isn't the premise for repayment based on your income post qualification ?

If so, then don't register any income.

When I can UK(ise) the Canadian User Agreement, then issue the "infringer" with a copy, and issue the Notice stating they have breached your Copyright Trademark (see the thread under that title).
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby museman » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:06 pm

I believe the man you want to speak to regarding this is Thomas (aka 21stCenturyPolitix) who has done this quite successfully, I'm not sure if he is registered on this site but you can occasionally find him on ThinkFree and failing that he has a YouTube profile which is here. He may have some information on there that relates to how he went about it but I'm not sure.

He can be difficult to get hold of at times but he is the only one I know who has done this successfully. :yes:
museman

Postby Veronica » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:31 pm

Of course you could just stop paying it and use the Rebuttal Templates to ward off 'advances' on your legal fiction Person.

You could start the ball rolling (gracefully) by writing to them asking for a copy of the original agreement you signed. You can say you lost your own copy.

It is unlikely they will be able to provide this, because they used it as a cheque to get the money from the Treasury in the first place. (So they could lend it on to you).

But writing and asking for a copy will do no harm. But their response will tell you (or at least us) a hell of a lot.

Anyway, that's what I would do. But the choice is yours.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby jonboy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Veronica wrote:Of course you could just stop paying it and use the Rebuttal Templates to ward off 'advances' on your legal fiction Person.

You could start the ball rolling (gracefully) by writing to them asking for a copy of the original agreement you signed. You can say you lost your own copy.

It is unlikely they will be able to provide this, because they used it as a cheque to get the money from the Treasury in the first place. (So they could lend it on to you).

But writing and asking for a copy will do no harm. But their response will tell you (or at least us) a hell of a lot.

Anyway, that's what I would do. But the choice is yours.

I would expand upon this idea by suggesting that everyone does this for all credit agreements, it will be an eye opener for sure.
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby smoky » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:31 am

Thank you for the swift replies fellow brothers and sisters. I shall get the ball rolling by writing to the student loans company and asking them for a copy of the original agreement I signed, telling them I have lost my copy. If they cannot provide me with a copy, could someone explain what this means?

Thanks

:o)
smoky

Postby huntingross » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:35 am

No copy = no contract
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Hephaestus » Thu May 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Hi Smoky, I have only just deferred my student loan yet again, I think I can probably defer for the rest of my life. However I am going to write and request a copy of my original agreement just out of curiosity. I am up for nearly 12 grand ( and I never even graduated!!)
"Ignorance is Bliss, Knowledge is Better" Me, just now.
Hephaestus

Postby klogger » Sat May 23, 2009 1:46 pm

I am very new to freeman issues and have not been researching it long but I thought I would give answering a go. I am happy to have my answer corrected, it is a good way to learn. I also have a student loan but it is an old one and I have never been over the earnings threshold and so have never made a payment on it. I would also like to find out how discharge it though if it ever becomes necessary.

Firstly, I liked the idea Veronica posted about using the templates to fend them off. I hadn't considered that, I said I was new to all of his didn't I?

Anyway, onto the answer as to what would it would mean if they can't supply the original contract. When you signed you 'loan agreement' you were probably in the belief that they were going to lend you their money. This is not the case, what you actually signed was a promissory note. As you are an honorable person your promise has value and so what you actually did was, in signing the agreement, give them something of value. They as yet have not given you anything of value in return. They take your note and sell it on the open market in order to get money which they then deposit in their bank account. From there they can then transfer the money to you. Have you noticed that at no time did they put up anything of value? The money came from selling your promissory note and not from money they had in any way earned. It was always your money, brought into creation through your promise at the moment you signed the promissory note. Veronica has a link (in the FAQ I think) about what makes a contract valid. They are:

1) An agreement;
2) Full disclosure of all the terms and conditions;
3) Wet signatures of both parties;
4) One other thing I can't remember (sorry).

They did not tell you they were going to sell you note to raise the money. That means that 2) is broken.

They did not sign an agreement with you and so there is no contract.

They, almost certainly, do not even have your promissory note (as they sold it to give you the money) and it is unlikely that they can ever find it as it will have been bundled up with other notes, sold on, the bundle chopped up, combined with other bundles and sold on again. There is unlikely to be a trail of where your note now is. They therefore can not provide your signature even on a promissory note never mind on a contract and so again, the contract is void.

As I say I am happy to be corrected.
klogger

Postby Rustingle » Fri May 06, 2011 9:50 am

I am just writing a letter to the student loans company, asking them to send me a copy of the original signed agreement in order to gauge their response. I will post the reply here when I get it.

Best wishes,

Rust
Rustingle

Next

Return to General Freeman related questions