Challenge to wannabefree, prove evolution occured.

Challenge to wannabefree, prove evolution occured.

Postby Too Far Gone » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:24 am

so the evolution/process, that eventually gave us the ability to speak, create language/code, leading to technologies that made the computer your now useing to claim there is no proof such a thing exists, has no basis in fact does it ?

I am not claiming that it didn't occur. You are claiming that it did. The burden of proof is yours, by your own rules in dreadlocks thread.

Knock yourself out, I'm listening.
Last edited by Too Far Gone on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too Far Gone

Re: Challenge to wannabefree, prove evolution occured.

Postby Dreadlock » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:34 am

Lol, nice one! :clap:

I'm just gonna sit back with my popcorn and watch the show. In the meantime... anyone care to take bets on how many posts it takes wanabefree before he starts trying to worm his way out of this
or just backs down by refusing to take part whilst trying to place the blame for his failure on Too Far Gone or anyone else for that matter? :giggle:

Here's some free advice wanabefree - and you should feel privileged because I wouldn't normally give advice to you - DO NOT POST! YOU'LL ONLY MAKE YOURSELF LOOK MORE AND MORE STUPID.
There, no one can say I didn't warn him.
Dreadlock

Postby musashi » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:19 pm

These are personal disputes and completely irrelevant to the purpose of fmotl. You have the right to engage in them, should you choose, and there is no question about that. However, as they are personal and irrelevant to fmotl purposes, I suggest that you all take them into Private Messages and continue there. I may even join you and introduce such intellectually interesting items as "Climbing Mount Impossible", the creationist's "Irreducible Complexity", and the fact that at the end of his life Darwin, like Freud, Thatcher and Germain Greer, repudiated his own work.

The function of moderators - or one of them - is to monitor such threads as these and intervene as and when necessary to correct bad behaviour. Subverting the ethos and purpose of fmotl by using the forum to engage in personal disputes, disregarding member obligations, insulting others and damaging the hitherto good reputation of fmotl is, in my opinion, bad behaviour.

Take this irrelevant dispute to Private Messages, please, and obviate the necessity for further moderator actions.

Musashi.
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Postby Too Far Gone » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:04 pm

What about general chat?

We have a "jokes" section that isn't related to the ethos of FMOTL so I would assume that general chat it is for non FMOTL related discussions? However, if you insist on PM's I'm willing to let him off the hook and drop it.
Too Far Gone

Postby wanabfree » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:28 pm

@ Too Far Gone & dreadlock

Well you got me, on that one ?.

I can’t prove it occurred ?.

That’s because it’s considered to still be occurring ?, but unfortunately, no longer in your cases, it would appear ?.
wanabfree

Postby wanabfree » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Then again, it may not be that unfortunate ?
wanabfree

Postby Too Far Gone » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:00 pm

I have been asked not to continue this here and I'll respect that and make this my last post. However, just to clarify, you are meant to be proving that evolution, according Darwin (origin of the species) has occurred. You have around 4.5 billion years worth of evidence to draw upon. However, you appear to be admitting that there is no proof or any evidence to back up your claim by stating that :

That’s because it’s considered...

When is considered proof of anything? Maybe someone on your radio show can help you out with this simple question.
Too Far Gone

Postby wanabfree » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Too Far Gone wrote:I have been asked not to continue this here and I'll respect that and make this my last post. However, just to clarify, you are meant to be proving that evolution, according Darwin (origin of the species) has occurred. You have around 4.5 billion years worth of evidence to draw upon. However, you appear to be admitting that there is no proof or any evidence to back up your claim by stating that :

That’s because it’s considered...

When is considered proof of anything? Maybe someone on your radio show can help you out with this simple question.

In the beginning of your challenge You state that,
“I am not claiming that it didn't occur”, no you didn’t, but you did say, “there is no proof that evolution exists either”, so what’s with the contradictory position then ?, because effectively that is exactly what your saying by making such an assertion ?.

to clarify, Your so called challenge was worded, in a manner that implied evolution was a single event, i.e. occurred, meaning an event that has already happened, and I responded in the only logical way, I possible could have ?.

but now you appear have a problem with me allegedly “admitting there is no evidence ?.

But hold on a minute ?, Isn’t that the same position you had taken yourself ?, so your now trying to argue or take exception with me for allegedly, somehow, agreeing there is no evidence ?.

Didn’t you just say in the previous thread ?.

“As there is no proof that evolution exists either”

Do my eyes deceive me ?.

beacuse then you say,

“You have around 4.5 billion years worth of evidence to draw upon”.

So now, you are saying that there is indeed evidence of evolution ?.

Thanks you just took up your own challenge, and answered your own question for me ?, and the evidence is there to be drawn upon, according to you.

finally in answer to your question “When is considered proof of anything?”, your right it’s not proof of anything, except proof of a commonly held position or general consensus, be it true or not ?, it’s called a meme or dogma even, similar to the freeman or creationist beliefs ?.

Please don’t make this your last, post; this is one of the funniest threads I’ve seen for years?

Oh please keep the laughs coming, this is hall of fame material.
wanabfree

Return to General Freeman related questions