Detained Charged and Arrested

Please post any successful outcomes here for all to see.

Re: Detained Charged and Arrested

Postby free_spirit » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:43 pm

I don't know if I'm taking the right track with this.

We have basic Lawful Rights of Privacy and Anonymity don't we?

But when threatened and forced, by being in fear for our safety, to give our names
we have to perhaps reconsider.

Would it be sensible to have something printed, say on a card, such as the following?

I am known by the name John: Smith™ (JohnS™) Natural Man,
Creditor, Trustee, Secure Party, Author of The Copyright Name Trademark Claim
autograph of the CAPITALIZED NAME © JOHN SMITH or any derivative or style of
cause thereof (©JOHNS) and I claim Common Law Jurisdiction
with Equitable Remedy by Estoppel

J
Last edited by free_spirit on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAKE UP PEOPLE OR ELSE ON YOUR DEATH BED YOU WILL BE THINKING, WHAT THE F**K WAS ALL THAT ABOUT
free_spirit

Postby consumerpada » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:03 pm

I think that is a cracking idea!! A counld come in very useful :yes:
Knowledge makes a (wo)man unfit to be a slave." — Frederick Douglass
consumerpada

Postby huntingross » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:47 pm

This is the first thing that went into his hand....

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1051&hilit=lothian+borders#p8822

And he said he couldn't verify who I was....he knew who I was.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby free_spirit » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:02 pm

Understood HR

In this video, Irene Maus Gravenhorst provides a traffic cop with her own identification
which includes her claim of right to freely travel under Common Law etc...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4172563690300381284#

I wonder if it would have made any difference in your situation.

You quiet rightly gave him your notice etc which was ignored. I wonder if we
presented them with something closer to what they usually expect (I know they
have no right to expect or make demands of us) it may help at least avoid kidnap.

I M Gravenhorst still had to stand up for herself in court, but at least she wasn't
kidnapped and unlawfully imprisoned.

Just a thought
WAKE UP PEOPLE OR ELSE ON YOUR DEATH BED YOU WILL BE THINKING, WHAT THE F**K WAS ALL THAT ABOUT
free_spirit

Postby Veronica » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:33 pm

IMHO whatever you do will be ignored ... unless you can show a letter from a Chief Constable, or the DVLA. (Then you can pile stuff on top of that).

Unless that's the case, whatever happens is 'random' ... depending solely of the degree of arrogance/ignorance (and combinations) of the Policymen involved.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby free_spirit » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Veronica wrote:IMHO whatever you do will be ignored ... unless you can show a letter from a Chief Constable, or the DVLA. (Then you can pile stuff on top of that).

Unless that's the case, whatever happens is 'random' ... depending solely of the degree of arrogance/ignorance (and combinations) of the Policymen involved.

Yes, I have to agree that's what we're up against. I wonder if it would be a good idea to put DVLA on notice to update their records appropriately stating
failure to do so within a time limit would result in an court action to claim equitable remedy by way of seeking an order for specific performance

I'm also honoured as I beleive this is the first time I have had input on any of my postings from Veronica :grin:

If I'm way off with this apologies in advance, trying to learn as I go.

J
free_spirit

Postby huntingross » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Having read the Acts that were quoted at me on friday, all these go through the Secretary of State....he might be an easier target....he will first of all side step the paper work and give it to the DVLA, but when things don't happen the Lien will stick to him.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Freeman-B » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:42 pm

HI Mark, and my commisserations on your recent experience (as well as my congratulations for the way you dealt with it).

There have been many excellent points made already, but I have two specific things I wanted to mention (one of which has been on my mind for some time).

Having read the Acts that were quoted at me on friday, all these go through the Secretary of State....he might be an easier target....he will first of all side step the paper work and give it to the DVLA, but when things don't happen the Lien will stick to him

Personally I would just add him to the list and not let the others off the hook - they can be jointly and serverally liable!

The second point is the disturbing one. Under Scots law, there is no such thing (to my knowledge) as "estoppel by acquiescence". There is a somewhat similar principle referred to as "personal bar", but I have no idea whether it can be used in the same way - I think this is a really important point for those of us North of the border, and would be more than happy to contribute to sorting it out.

If there is anything I can do to assist you in dealing with TPTB Mark, just say the word.

:peace: :love:
B
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Einstein
Banking doesn’t “involve” fraud...banking IS fraud. Tim Madden
Freeman-B

Postby huntingross » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:49 pm

Thanks FB.....I have wondered many times about the differences in the legal systems north to south, but satisfy myself that the uniting law is law of the land....as relevant in scotland as england / ireland / wales / US etc etc.

I did see somewhere what estoppel is called up here...but have never managed to find it again....typical

EDIT
Found an interesting Google book here

DOUBLE EDIT
Sorry FB...maybe it was personal bar...I still can't find any other reference...I liked this one...
The principle of 'estoppel' or 'bar'

Gatty v Maclaine 1921

"Where A has by his words or conduct justified B in believing that a certain state of facts exists, and B has acted upon such beliefs to his prejudice, A is not permitted to affirm against B that a different state of facts existed at the same time."
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Freeman-B » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:44 am

Indeed Mark. I would also add that, in pursuing statutory "infringements", the point of reference is usually a statute that came out of Westminster, so, of the two, only English law can apply when contesting it (making estoppel perfectly valid).

In addition, the councils, Police autorities courts etc as all subsidiaries of the Crown corporation, which places them all under English law, so ditto. Private corporations (banks etc are, presumably, mostly the same).

That said, estoppel or not, you have ligitimately given the Chief Constable notice, with a reference timeframe for response in substance and he has failed to do so, and therefore has tacitly accepted the offer, regardless.

On really interesting thing that I read in your book link (for which, thanks muchly!) was this "consideration is not required in order to constitute a contract in Scots law". WOOT ^^ ?? Really???? This could also prove to be a bit of a thorn in our side if using the traditional English-law oriented defences that are prevalent here.

Discuss!

:peace: :love:
B
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Einstein
Banking doesn’t “involve” fraud...banking IS fraud. Tim Madden
Freeman-B

PreviousNext

Return to Success Stories