De-Registered Car

Please post any successful outcomes here for all to see.

Re: De-Registered Car

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:06 pm

NIcely done, Mark!

Sorry I have been 'absent' while this was coming to fruition, I can only applaud you for this. I happen to have a second car and will deffo be doing this as a trial for our area.

You mention the Co-op in regards to insurance, does this mean the private conveyance is insured and will remain so? If so, I would like a little more detail on that, dude.

Pete - Baldy
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby huntingross » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi Pete, yes i got insurance through the co-op online......there is the box to enter your reg, and an alternative info box below it....fill that in along with all the other info on the page and go to the next etc....the last page before you go on to pay is your plate....type in your fancy and pay....policy turned up 4 days later.

Until we get a Freeman insurance sorted....ie bonds and security etc this will do nicely.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:49 pm

huntingross wrote:Hi Pete, yes i got insurance through the co-op online......there is the box to enter your reg, and an alternative info box below it....fill that in along with all the other info on the page and go to the next etc....the last page before you go on to pay is your plate....type in your fancy and pay....policy turned up 4 days later.

Until we get a Freeman insurance sorted....ie bonds and security etc this will do nicely.

Obviously, being insurance, my chief worry is the 'get out of jail free card' they are given by refusing to insure you if no MOT or valid road fund licence is pertaining to the vehicle. Do they cover this in T's & C's? They never refuse to take the premium, just refuse to pay the claims, so forgive my incredulity in someone finding an insurer ready, willing and able to insure a car with no tax or MOT, m8 - it's directed at them, not you, as you probably realise. I don't trust the buggers, see.

Was the policy for social and domestic only, or was it a 'special' ?

Soz for all the questions, HR - just making sure
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby huntingross » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:04 pm

It was SDP.

This point about MOT and Tax has come up before, and I have never seen that written in my old policy or the new one.

It is very specific about the licence...you must hold....have held....not be disqualified from holding etc.

I'm pretty cynical about insurance, and have always thought if they want to get out of it they will....there are sooooo many holes and get outs for them....even when you think you're doing the 'right thing'
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:15 pm

huntingross wrote:It was SDP.

This point about MOT and Tax has come up before, and I have never seen that written in my old policy or the new one.

It is very specific about the licence...you must hold....have held....not be disqualified from holding etc.

I'm pretty cynical about insurance, and have always thought if they want to get out of it they will....there are sooooo many holes and get outs for them....even when you think you're doing the 'right thing'

EXACTLY - my point, too. Thanks mate! - you've put the cowardly lion in my head at ease :clap: :rotfl:
BaldBeardyDude

Postby 1965freeman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:23 pm

You HAVE to Prove you have valid insurance and MOT before you can get TAX, but I don't think the converse applies.....

Whilst anyone with an ounce of common-sense would realise that it is ridiculous to assume that just because you have 'no proper DVLA plates' or no tax disc that you are neccessarily a greater, or uninsurable risk - after all those factors have NOTHING to do with your behaviour as a 'driver' or the 'insurability' of the vehicle itself.
BUT I would go through those T/C of the Coop policy with several fine-toothed combs before I started enumerating poultry! (counting chickens) - I would be VERY surprised if they had left this 'loophole' open.
I cannot believe that your insurance would be valid in the event of a claim if you did not hold a current MOT. After all, this is supposed to prove that the car is safe and roadworthy. Personally I do not have a problem with getting an MOT, or similar engineers report to prove this - if only for my own peace of mind.
You may also find that unless you have disclosed EVERYTHING about your/the vehicle's status that the insurance will be invalid. That is ALWAYS a standard 'get-out clause' on any policy I have held.
It may help this discussion if you could either point us at a web link or scan and post the T/C of this particular policy.

http://www.co-operativeinsurance.co.uk/cfscombi/pdf/Motor_car_insurance__Policy_document_example.pdf - BY GOERGE! I think he's cracked it! NO MENTION of MOT, NO MENTION of DVLA plates, NO MENTION of TAX DISC!!!
"Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew.” (G.Apollinaire)
I do not offer legal advice, I offer common sense suggestions based on shared knowledge.
1965freeman

Postby huntingross » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:36 pm

There's nothing I would disagree with there 1965
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby huntingross » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:15 pm

First day back at work since the new plates went on.

The whole office is talking about it, I didn't think it would have that effect.....

One girl wants to know how to deal with a SORN PCN - £80.

An ex copper, felt obliged to tell me what he'd do....so I told him what I'd do....he appeared confused....he's gone from ex copper to health and safety....there isn't alot of difference in the way they both do business....I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised.

This is one helluva way to advertise Freemen.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Farmer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:08 pm

huntingross wrote:he's gone from ex copper to health and safety....there isn't alot of difference in the way they both do business

That had me on the floor.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby huntingross » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Sorry for the constant updates on this, but the office is going nuts about this....more interest than I could possibly imagine.

And the cherry on the top when I left the office tonight, a crimestoppers van and two coppers where parked right infront of my with note books out....they were just driving away as I walked across the car park....most interesting.

If they do book me for whatever wet dream they are having, they'll have to defend, in court, Chris Coverdales war crimes report, which is the basis for my lawful protest/excuse....and therefore will be presented as evidence.

Interesting times ahead.....especially when the road tax reminder comes out and I send back a demand for 'back road tax duty' over the duration of the war.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

PreviousNext

Return to Success Stories