Irene-Maus: Gravenhorst .vs. 'Them'

Please post any successful outcomes here for all to see.

Re: Irene-Maus: Gravenhorst .vs. 'Them'

Postby Free » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:03 am

I carry a voice recorder in the glove box of my car.

I'm rather hoping I'll never need to use it but should I get stopped for no reason It'll be very handy to record the conversation.

Free
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

Postby Farmer » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:31 am

Veronica wrote:In case anyone is wondering, Irene-Maus: was one of the first to be pushed into a corner (like Rob: Menard), and decided to fight back.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4082656820

In the video she states at 18:20 that international treaty law does not require registration of copyright or trade marks; you merly declare this and state value the infrindment per use. Does anyone know how to properly declare this? I know that if you write or create something you automatically have the copyright, although it is wise to record it somehow, but I have no idea about a trade mark.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby huntingross » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Farmer

This aspect of the Free topic interests me greatly, and is the avenue I am pursuing.

As far as my research goes, they can both be declared by claim, no registration in required to be covered under Common Law and International Treaty.

The User Agreement and Registered Notice posted on this forum are in the process of being adapted to the UK.

Hope this helps
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Re: Irene-Maus: Gravenhorst copyright trademark fraud

Postby dannyw » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:14 am

Irene's methods are false and in fact fraud. Especially regarding "International treaty law does not require registration of copyright or trade marks; you merly declare this and state value the infrindment per use."

"The Trademark Act states in section 9 (1) No person shall adopt in connection with a business, as a trade-mark or otherwise, any mark consisting of, or so nearly resembling as to be likely to be mistaken for, (k) any matter that may falsely suggest a connection with any living individual. Which is another contridiction to Irene's claims." Read the details here: http://www.wisestreetmedia.com/home/news/1-latest-news/83-spurious-scurrilous-scandalous-read-the-facts-sovereign-squamish-nation-saga.html
dannyw

Postby huntingross » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:16 am

Curious about your credentials dannyw, and the source information for the Trademark Act to which you refer.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby huntingross » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:39 am

Well, for those of us interested in the use of Trademark, I have searched and can not find the section dannyw refers to.

He seems to be suggesting (by reinforcing a point) in this apparent affidavit, that you cant use a mark which would closely link to a living individual.....I find the way that sentence is formed, by exclusion of other material to be suspect.....Most Acts flow even when intervening clauses are removed.

However, I quote from the First Directive 89/104/EEC of the Council, of 21 December 1988, to Approximate the Laws of the Member States Relating to Trade Marks (OJ EC No L 40 of 11.2.1989, p. 1) source

Article 2
A trade mark may consist of any sign capable of being represented graphically, particularly words, including personal names, designs, letters, numerals, the shape of goods or of their packaging, provided that such signs are capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one undertaking from those of other undertakings.

I also hasten to add that dannyw's reference and that from the Directive above are based on Registration....Now I don't know for certain, but I believe Irene Maus went down the registration route. Notwithstanding that, the Directive seems to pretty clearly refute dannyw's claims (so far) as how much closer can you get to a living individual than their personal name
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Farmer » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:13 pm

What dannyw wrote refers to Canadian law.

A trade-mark is registrable if it is not:

(a) a word that is primarily merely the name or the surname of an individual who is living or has died within the preceding thirty years (unless it has been so used in Canada by the applicant or his predecessor in title as to have become distinctive at the date of filing an application for its registration);

Trademark Law in Canada: An Overview
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
Farmer

Postby huntingross » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:39 pm

Good find Farmer, thank you, it helps to read the context.....and having read the context I see the quote like this;

A trade-mark is registrable if it is not:
(e) a mark of which the adoption is prohibited by section 9 or 10 of the Trade-marks Act

Section 9 provides:
(1) No person shall adopt in connection with a business, as a trade-mark or otherwise, any mark consisting of, or so nearly resembling as to be likely to be mistaken for,
(k) any matter that may falsely suggest a connection with any living individual;

Question - What does Trademark try to accomplish ?
Answer - It is trying to protect a mark and provide remedy for the holder of that mark should ANY 'person' try to infringe upon that mark. It is trying to prevent the consuming public from being duped or confused into believing it is getting something when it is not.

So what is the quote above trying to do....?

No person shall adopt in connection with a business.....
any mark.....
likely to be mistaken for any matter
that may falsely suggest
a connection with a living individual

So this extract is:
Protecting "the public" from mistakenly believing and
Protecting "living individuals" from
Persons or Business adopting a mark which may suggest a connection with that "living individual" where no connection exists.

In other words, you cant create an association between "persons" and/or "business" where no connection exists, this would prevent "trading" off someones reputation by implying a connection in the mind of the consuming public.

Personally, I think the post, on this basis, is frivilous.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby huntingross » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:24 am

I'm guessing dannyw thinks so too:
Last visited: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:52 pm
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Farmer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Thanks Mark. I think you have the right interpretation.
Farmer

PreviousNext

Return to Success Stories