help needed with buy as you view

help needed with buy as you view

Postby funboy » Fri May 10, 2013 11:20 am

Hi all

Been a member for some time but this is the first time I have felt the need to request help , sorry if this is in the wrong section

I recently got a sofa from buy as you view , the stated weekly payment was £14 but when the actual item was delivered I was then told that the weekly payment was in fact £20 . Probably doesn't seem like much difference but as a single parent on benefits it was a pronounced increase . As I had already gotten rid of my old sofa I felt I didn't have much choice but to agree since I need a sofa for my 6 year old son . Recently my financial situation changed thanks to benefit changes and I find I can no longer afford the payments but I can't afford a buy a sofa , have nobody I can go to for a loan to buy a sofa and have a poor credit score therefore I can't just ask them to take it back. I have considered stonewalling the local agent who comes to empty the payment box but he has in the past simply sat in his car outside my house for hours on end until I either return home or have to venture out

Can anybody give me some advice on how to get BAYV to accept lower payments ? so far they have shown no willingness to budge on the issue

any help would be gratefully recieved

thanks
It's not what you are , it's what you do that defines you
funboy

Re: help needed with buy as you view

Postby pitano1 » Sat May 11, 2013 8:54 am

hi funboy
you say...the stated weekly payment was £14

do you have this in writing..?
did you sign anything,and more importantly..did you read
what you signed..?

i know what i would do,but.. :giggle:

for a start..tell payv what you can afford,if they dont accept it,they can
go fuck themselves.

but,thats just me.
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby musashi » Sun May 12, 2013 9:51 am

This is the kind of bullshit post I rarely reply to, but you obviously need help.

Some contracts allow for a unilateral change in terms. You need to check whether this applies in your case.

It may come under the Fraud Act if it doesn't, in which case you have a common law claim of "Bait and Switch" - fraud, by misrepresentation. Section 2 of the Act. It is resolved by going to the police and lodging a formal complaint. Let them deal with it. You will be compensated by the court. There is only one remedy in common law - damages - and they are mandatory.

Also, it is a civil debt and can only be enforced by civil action in the county court. No police.
Try reading some of the excellent work put up here by many people.

Think how boring it is to sit in a car for hours on end. Who suffers most here, you, in the kitchen with nice cups of tea, or that poor bastard stuck in a car, waiting, always waiting.

Do your own work from now on, please, this is my last input here.

M
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Postby funboy » Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 pm

musashi wrote:This is the kind of bullshit post I rarely reply to,

Bullshit post ??? what kind A response was that ??? I was under the impression that this was a forum for people to share knowledge and dispense advice to further the cause . Instead I get abuse from an irritatble and lazy moderator.

F.Y.I i did spend hours going through the forum looking for a similar Case regarding buy as you view and found nothing hence this topic

In future I'll stick to CAG forum...at least they haven't lost sight of why they were created

thanks for the advice though pitano1 I'm going to run with that
It's not what you are , it's what you do that defines you
funboy

Postby musashi » Tue May 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Lazy? Irritable? Moi?

Bye.

M
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Return to Bailiffs & Debt Collection Agencies