Marston in my houseb

Marston in my houseb

Postby Dominic » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi, i would first like to thank everyone for the time and effort spend in helping others.
This is what happened to me,
In December 2015 i had 2 parking tickets by Westminster council. I completely ignored them on the advice of a "friend" that they will expire. Start receiving reminders from council to pay, but due to busy and personal problems and following my "friends" advice, kept ignoring them. Somewhere in February 2016 i took the decision to stay at a friends house to avoid the person I was living with in the same room. I have not informed any authorities of my movements. During that time letters kept on coming on my address, but i obviously wasn't there. In august the friend that i moved with we finally saved some money and we rented a house.
Last week at around 8pm, knock on the door and this guy at my door with a cctv camera on hes neck and state to be an enforcement officer.
Now...i never had to deal with these kind of things...and i pretty much shit myself when i heard officer..thinking its the police, and i have done something wrong.
Cold outside, i have done the mistake of inviting this man inside to explain what have i done.
So its about the 2 parking tickets and i was noticed for a while and the last resort here is to collect goods. I start laughing, because. .i have none. He walked around thr house and all he saw was a tv i brought second hand from a friend for 30£ because its partially working.
The motorcycle i had the ticket issued isn't worth more then 300£ now. So he refused to take it as it will not cover the debt.
My problem now is, i have another motorcycle now, but when he visited me it was in a garage getting fixed. But now its parked outside my house.
He asked me when can i pay..and i told him i have just paid my rent and i get paid in 2 weeks. At this moment i can't do anything.
Well...there was nothing he can take and no money on me..so he gave me 2weeks till i get paid. I said i will contact him, i gave him my telephone number...and he left.
Since then..i talked with some very close friends. .and they told me ive done a big mistake. .and we started talkin about being free...and ended up to...common law, law of the land.
For the last week i have been researching and watching videos of amazing people standing against the corrupt system. Respect to them, i have learned a lot. Even how to deal with future problems. Hopefully there will be none
My only concern is, now that i have let the bailiff in my house...what can i do? Take this to the chin and play the game? Or should i stand up for what is right?
Please help.
Once again, thank you for your time
Dom
Dominic

Re: Marston in my houseb

Postby cassandra » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:45 pm

Merely letting him in does not make you liable for anything. He did not do a walking possession order – which you are obliged to sign in agreement to give him rights of re-entry, including forcing an entry - and he left with nothing. He still has no legal right to enter your property without your permission.
Your problem here is that you made a verbal agreement to service the 'debt' and if he has it on camera then he has you by the short and curlies. Contracts come in three flavours – written, verbal and implied. You made an implied contract by discussing it with him and a verbal one to perform at a future date when you had some money. You gave reasons for not paying. If he has that recorded you will lose in any court in the land. No-one pays an unjust demand. You made it just and enforceable by agreeing to service at a future date. You agreed you were liable. You lost.
I'd say cut your losses now and pay up. Continued visits for collection will increase the debt massively and then there will be court costs added. You cannot win this one. Bite the bullet, learn the lesson and in future never, ever, ever let them in or speak to them. They cannot levy goods in your absence, by the way, but if they can persuade a court that you are avoiding them then they may be given a warrant to force entry. The cops will help them and if you get shirty about it they will arrest you for breach of the peace.
I walked into Nottingham city council and paid a friend's council tax bill for her while the bailiffs were chasing her. They took it even though they say that once the bailiff has it you can't pay the council directly. Luckily the cashier did not know that and he accepted the payment – all on camera and with a receipt provided. The bailiff then had no right to try to collect and they could go whistle for their fees. If they wanted their fees they would have had to take her up to county court and, as you cannot be paid for work not done and she was not in a contract with them, they would have lost. They walked away.
It sounds like your “friends” were less than helpful. They should have walked the walk with you and seen it through. Why didn't they?

Go to getoutofdebtfree and find everything you need to know to deal with bailiffs.
Cassandra.
cassandra

Postby Dominic » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:06 pm

Thank you for your help Cassandra, i will try contacting the council tomorrow morning and see maybe I'm lucky to pay it to them, giving the fact that i was not aware that it went that far. If not..hopefully bailiff will give me a monthly pay option. As i cannot afford to pay in full.
Like I said. .have to take this one to the chin..and learn fron my mistakes.
Thank you for your help
Dominic

Postby cassandra » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:39 pm

The council will almost certainly tell you that you have to deal with the bailiffs now. You'll have to do what I did and just walk in and try to pay the cashier and say noting about bailiffs. The cashier generally is not informed of such things and he/she might just take the money. Film it - secretly if you can, of course - and get a receipt. It's the only way you will avoid paying the bailiffs. One more thing - a bailiff may not levy goods just to pay for his fees. Good luck.
Cassandra.
cassandra

Postby Dominic » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:46 pm

You are right Cassandra,
I will just deal with them straight and get over this as soon as possible.
They do need to offer me an installed payment right?
If i cannot afford to pay the full amount, and there are no goods to take..what can he do?
As long as i got proof to support that asked to pay on this conditions as i have no other way.
I have no family here, my friends can't help me, banks dont want to hear from me fue to credit score...so..what can they do? If i remember well, i read somewhere if you wish to pay and you are refused. .then the debt is void.
Dom
Dominic

Postby cassandra » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:23 pm

Dominic wrote:You are right Cassandra,
I will just deal with them straight and get over this as soon as possible.
They do need to offer me an installed payment right?

Possibly. Ask.

[/quote]If i cannot afford to pay the full amount, and there are no goods to take..what can he do?[/quote]
Report back as per his rules. Other than that, nothing.

[/quote]As long as i got proof to support that asked to pay on this conditions as i have no other way.
I have no family here, my friends can't help me, banks dont want to hear from me fue to credit score...so..what can they do?[/quote]
Not much.

[/quote] If i remember well, i read somewhere if you wish to pay and you are refused. .then the debt is void.
Dom[/quote]

Payment for a debt refused discharges the debt to the amount offered.
Allegedly in the Bills of Exchange Act, 1882, Ch.61. I'm getting banned after today so won't be able to help any more. Good luck.
Cassandra.
cassandra

Return to Bailiffs & Debt Collection Agencies