Bailiffs and parking tickets

Bailiffs and parking tickets

Postby Julian180748 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:02 am

Dear Group,

I had a bailiff from Jacobs attend this morning and he shot off before I could answer the door, he left an envelope with 2letters with the usual threat of removal of goods within 24 hours.

The tickets appear to relate to my old car and when I was living at another address.

One is for 392 pounds and the other for 187 pounds, these appear to relate to council parking tickets.

I rang the bailiff on the mobile number on the letters and he said that he had been chasing me for a while but it seems he went to our former address a few months ago but we had moved out over 2 years ago.

He stated that on his next visit I would be charged 235 for the visit and was effectively letting me off in that he could do this for both of the tickets.

I informed him that I would like to see a copy of the history of correspondence and it was left that I would contact his office and get back to him.

I have no problem paying for a ticket but want to make sure I am not being over charged, the letters are a little intimidating saying that he has been instructed to proceed with the removal and sale of my goods (I don't know if this is Jaobs, the Council or the courts).

Any comments would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Julian
Julian180748

Re: Bailiffs and parking tickets

Postby pitano1 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:47 am

Bailiff powers when they visit your home
Dealing with bailiffs

You usually don’t have to open your door to a bailiff or let them in.

Bailiffs can’t enter your home:

by force, eg push past you
if only children under 16 or vulnerable people (eg, disabled) are present
between 9pm and 6am
through anything except the door
https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-bailiffs/what-you-can-do-when-a-bailiff-visits
ps.
this case should be heard again,as you were not given proper....NOTICE.!
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby musashi » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:36 pm

If you really were not given notice of proceedings then this is a fundamental defect in procedure and section 14 of the Magistrates courts act applies - the void order. The plaintiff has no rights in the matter. It is the built in remedy for such defects. Read the post I put here on the Void Order article by Shirley Lewald. Read section 14.
And be aware that a lot of the bailiff stuff out there has not been updated since the amendments to the Domestic Violence Crime and Victims Act came into force last April. If I recall correctly it's schedule 12, section 16/17. Bailiffs have several new practices and electronic transfer of a warrant is one of them. My last encounter revealed new beliefs they have - and they act on them. The cops also have new beliefs.
Lance.
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Postby Julian180748 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:30 am

Thanks for the responses.

I think this is a scam now due to the new rules that have come in where they can only charge 75 pounds and then 235 pounds if they have to visit.

I contacted Jacobs head office and was informed they sent me out a letter. It is a bit of a councidence that I did not receive their letter or a letter from the bailiff before his visit when he didn't hang around.

Having looked at their site, they employ their bailiffs on 35k a year, provide company car, ipad, phone etc plud bonuses.

There is no way they can do tjis for the statutory 75 pound fee they can charge having received the debt to deal with.

I dont think head office in Liverpool is sending out these initial letters and they are probably being binned but being shown on their computers as having being sent.

This then allows the bailiff an opportunity ti increase the bill to include the 235 fee to visit and further feed if they have to return to seize goods.

Hope this makes sense.
Julian180748

Postby musashi » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:31 pm

The £75 is for registration of you on their books. They can only charge for work done and have to ask the court permission to charge the registration fee. They always get it. That's where the £75 comes in.
Other charges are determined and controlled by the state.
Bailiffs will now come and clamp your car, without coming to see you in the house, then simply drive off after having left a sticker or two on the vehicle saying that it has been impounded and to remove the sticker or the vehicle is an offence under the new regs. I've seen it done. Pound breach it's called, and obstructing a bailiff is a new charge as well for which you can get a year in jail.
They do not, as they claim, now have the right to force entry under those changes to the DVCV Act, or The Taking Control of Gods Act, but must convince a judge that you are avoiding them and they've tried all reasonable ways to collect on the debt. Then, with a warrant to force entry, they can call a cop for assistance. If necessary, the cop will force entry.
Lance.
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Return to Bailiffs & Debt Collection Agencies