Fine paid online - Marstons EO after fee's

Fine paid online - Marstons EO after fee's

Postby Blues » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:59 pm

Hello,

I paid a magistrates court fine online @ .gov.uk after I received a Notice of Enforcement & the bailiff has been a few times since & I've received two notices through my door;

Removal Notice followed by a Final Notice. Both holding the sum of £310 - £75 compliance stage + £235 Enforcement stage.

I heard the bailiff asking my neighbor if I had a car to which the neighbor said yes.

So now the bailiff will no doubt be looking for it to either clamp or remove it.

I'm in need of sound advice on where I stand.

Many thanks in advance
B.
Blues

Re: Fine paid online - Marstons EO after fee's

Postby MikeThomas » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:02 pm

The bailiff is after his extortionate fees and as you have NO AGREEMENT with them ....... tell them to f**k off!
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby musashi » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:11 pm

I suggest you read my earlier post in the bailiff forum on this site and download the attachment there for study.
The post is called Andrews V Bolton Council (full judgement). This is actually required reading for anyone dealing with bailiffs.
Lance.
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Postby Blues » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:01 pm

Are you saying I have no ground to stand on musashi?
Blues

Postby MikeThomas » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:43 am

No! Musashi is encouraging you to research and given you a good starting point. Here it is Blues: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10380 :yes:

Also check out the Basiliff section here: viewforum.php?f=64

Keep reading & you'll be up to speed in no time at all :cheer:
MikeThomas

Postby musashi » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:12 pm

Thank you Mike. Quite correct. Personal study is de riguer.

Last time I tackled a bailiff - about five weeks ago - I prevented him from leaving when he clearly wanted to and called the cops with intent to have him arrested. I did so on the basis of an information I got from a usually very reliable source and I wanted to road test a new approach. It all worked out in the end because both the bailiff and the cops backed off as I sounded so well informed quoting this law and that section and so on. I did well enough to put doubt in their minds, bought them a cup of tea and then we all went about our business.
A little later as a result of a phone call for more info I finally double checked the info I'd been given and found to my horror that it was wrong. Very, very wrong. The very basis of my calling the cops was all wrong and if the bailiff or cops were a wee bit more pushy I'd have been up the creek. I did not fully check the facts before I acted and nearly fell down on the job. I corrected myself with the judgement in Andrews v Bolton.
The best of us can get it wrong and my friend, as good as I think he is, just got it wrong this time. I was so sure of him I took his word for it and did not check for myself. My fault.
Lance.
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Postby MikeThomas » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:03 am

Musashi said: "The best of us can get it wrong and my friend, as good as I think he is, just got it wrong this time. I was so sure of him I took his word for it and did not check for myself. My fault."

Been there! Done That! :giggle:
MikeThomas

Postby Steve_Contempt » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi all, this is quite pertinent to my sitution at the moment, so followed the links to the other topic Andrews vs Bolton Council I think it was, and anyway, can't see the links or anything. Wouldn't mind a read of it in case there's useful information in there. Apparently I have a Warrant of Control issued against me by Norfolk Magistrates Court. This is for "unpaid fines". In quotes as I've actually paid all the fines, to the penny, but nothing towards Marstons charges. On the piece of paper pushed through the letterbox the bailiff (a real certified one) is threatening to re-attend with a locksmith to conclude this matter. He may if appropriate request authority to use the "above powers of entry" (from Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007). Normally I'd just front them out, not let them in the premises etc., but mildly concerned that they may have more power as it stems from court fines. Personally, I don't see how they can have any claim, or can prove any authority, but I don't know a lot about the lawful side of things, so any advice will be listened to. They're after £450 (more than the fiune ever was, which is, as I said, paid) which a) I don't have, and b) wouldn't give them if I did. Unless of course my guitars/record collection/car needed to be saved obviously. I also have a young family and don't really want them to have to witness me defending my property against an ugly meathead of a bailiff. (Which I'm prepared to do, but would rather send them off, never to return, with some carefully chosen wording and lawful knowledge!)
Steve_Contempt

Return to Bailiffs & Debt Collection Agencies