i dont want to pay the bailiffs can i pay the council direct

i dont want to pay the bailiffs can i pay the council direct

Postby leamington 1642 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Hi all. I have an outstanding debt for council tax that has been passed to the bailiffs is it possible to pay the council direct ? where do I stand any advice would be much appreciated . Thanks..
leamington 1642

Re: i dont want to pay the bailiffs can i pay the council direct

Postby CabbageGirl » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi in my experience when I've had dealings with Virgin Media or O2 the debts were passed on to collection agencies. With O2 they refused payment and told me to pay the debt collectors. With Virgin they accepted payments and recalled the debt collector as long as it was by standing order or direct debit and if I missed a payment the debt collector would be called again. I know debt collectors and bailiffs are different but that's my experience.

I also messed up my payments to the council for council tax through no fault of my own (over payment of benefit) and even after Capita contacted me I was able to contact the council directly to arrange payments.

I think if you ring the council and ask to speak to the relevant office for example for unpaid council tax you want to speak to council tax arrears.. then you may be able to set up a payment plan with them.
CabbageGirl

Return to Bailiffs & Debt Collection Agencies