Are defaults on a persons credit file legal/lawful?

Are defaults on a persons credit file legal/lawful?

Postby pooky2483 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Way back in 2007 I opened 2 accounts with a catalogue company (JDW) and later defaulted on them and played letter ping-pong with them for a while, untill I went down the 'unenforceable' route.
The wrote back accepting the fact and they placed 2 defaults for each of the accounts.

In the mean time, my wife opened a further 2 accounts with them, this time online. I know things changed as of (was it) Apr 2009. She also later defaulted on the accounts. Under my wifes agreement, I began going down the same route, writing as though it was her writing to them.

I ended up with the same result, in part. They have not accepted that the debt is unenforceable, BUT they have stopped chasing the debt and also placed 2 defaults on her credit file.

Is there a route I can go down to get them to remove the defaults of either my, my wifes or both credit files?
pooky2483

Re: Are defaults on a persons credit file legal/lawful?

Postby pooky2483 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:23 pm

I have to correct myself...
I remembered, I don't have the defaults on my file due to JDW. They were due to HSBC.
A loan and an OD. Loan for just over £6k and OD for just over £50.00. They passed them, as one to Zinc.
I'm sure theres a way I can get them to wipe the defaults from my file, at least the OD ad that was cleared a <long> time ago...
pooky2483

Return to Bailiffs & Debt Collection Agencies