Wescot letter

Wescot letter

Postby tracey001 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:02 am

Hi there,

I need some help,

I received a letter from Wescot about some debt I owe and almost £591. I am 100% sure I have nothing to do with it and it seems my name is right there too. How did they find out my address? I really don't know anything about it.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? What is the right thing to do?

Thanks,
tracey001

Re: Wescot letter

Postby iamani » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi tracey001,

Welcome to the forum. The following is my opinion and is neither 'legal advice' nor incitement.

Wescot... are trying it on, like all DCA's.

It's all about contract, do you have one with Wescot? No? Then there's nothing to worry about, you can deal with it with just one or two letters/notices.

Eg: Dear Wescot,
Does Wescot have a contract/agreement with Ms Tracey Zerozero-one? If not, then Wescot can sod-off.
Yours respectfully,
Tracey 001,
All rights reserved,
27th September 2019.

...it really is that simple. What they have sent you is not even an 'offer to contract' because Wescot does not specify what consideration they bring;; it is actually an 'invitation to offer' ie they need you to volunteer to use the 'service' they do offer.

However, if that seems too aggressive you might prefer:

Dear Data Protection Officer for Wescot Credit Services Ltd,

I am in receipt of a letter from your good selves dated ______ and referenced ______ and I have a question: Do Wescot Credit Services Ltd and Ms Tracey Zerozero-one share a prior contract/agreement?

Notice of data subject access request;

You are required to provide the following information within thirty days of receipt of this notice: a copy of any prior contract/agreement between Wescot Credit Services Ltd and Ms Tracey Zerozero-one; copies of any and all correspondence between Wescot Credit Services Ltd and its client in this matter regarding Ms Tracey Zerozero-one; a copy of the deed of assignment-absolute to the alleged debt; proof of obligation for Ms Tracey Zerozero-one to deal with Wescot Credit Services Ltd in this matter free-of-charge.

Should Wescot Credit Services Ltd comply with this request in full and within the specified time-frame then I agree to enter into contract on this matter with said entity. Be advised that I am both unable and unwilling to proceed further in this matter until this data subject access request is satisfied.

Yours respectfully,

Tracey Zerozero-one,

All rights reserved,

27th September 2019.

You might send this combined conditional acceptance and DSAR (recorded delivery) to their registered address (Kyleshill House, bottom-right of their letter) and see what comes back. They cannot possibly satisfy the DSAR and so you remain in honour. If they request proof of ID then send them copy of their letter to you. If they press on regardless then send them a copy of your terms and conditions of doing business and bill them...

Helpful...?

Cheers!
law is all is love is all is law
iamani

Re: Wescot letter

Postby Hertbert941 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:22 pm

All you have to do is write a letter to prove you are not indebted to anyone like this https://www.scottishtrustdeed.co.uk/creditor-details/wescot-credit-services/#Get_them_to_prove_it_with_a_Prove_The_Debt_Letter
Hertbert941

Return to Bailiffs & Debt Collection Agencies