Winter Solstice 2011

Winter Solstice 2011

Postby holy vehm » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Solstice eve and all is well - Let the festivities commence.

:sun:
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Re: Winter Solstice 2011

Postby enegiss » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:47 pm

:grin: where you going HV?. ive heard of these nature things, only kidding :grin:
so the days start getting longer ?
if you wish to create a favourable History, then you have to start now.
enegiss

Postby knightron » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:16 am

Well I am having a few beers mate, I didn't Know it was solstice mate, but you have given me excuse to drink a few in celebration..cheers Bud..:) :shake: :love: :hug:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
knightron

Postby FASEN8R » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:51 am

holy vehm wrote:Solstice eve and all is well - Let the festivities commence.

:shake: :cheer: :peace:
About sums up how my eve is going mate :grin:
T'is late and I must rest my weary head now....
Wishing you one and all much merriment and joy

Namaste :sun:

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Postby holy vehm » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:31 am

Solstice Day and all is a little bit blury :giggle:

enegiss wrote::grin: where you going HV?. ive heard of these nature things, only kidding :grin:
so the days start getting longer ?

We just stayed local mate, had the intention of watching the sunrise this morning but it was cloudy so just watched it get light instead :grin:
I knew the sun was up there somewhere.

Yes the days start to get longer now, a new cycle has begun, a new year is upon us. You could say we are already in 2012.

knightron wrote:Well I am having a few beers mate, I didn't Know it was solstice mate, but you have given me excuse to drink a few in celebration..cheers Bud..:) :shake: :love: :hug:

Glad to have given you a good excuse to celebrate mate. :yes:

FASEN8R wrote:
holy vehm wrote:Solstice eve and all is well - Let the festivities commence.

:shake: :cheer: :peace:
About sums up how my eve is going mate :grin:
T'is late and I must rest my weary head now....
Wishing you one and all much merriment and joy

Namaste :sun:

Just noticed what time you made that post, hardly worth resting your head :giggle:

Wishing you all the very best.

We are not doing xmas this year and just doing the solstice. We have a solstice tree up with greens and blue's, no sign of the coca cola santa in our house.
The wife and kids spent yesterday baking sunshine cookies and cakes, lots of cakes and sweet things and very nice to esp the fairy cakes soaked in baileys, alcoholic cakes :grin: We played games and had a good family time.
Today its big breakfast then out into nature to walk the dog through blue bell wood and to take some pine cones dipped in peanut butter to leave for the wildlife and then a good hearty meal and presents this evening with another round of merryment, laughter and games.

:peace: & :love:

"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Postby ellie12022 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Happy Solstice, Holy vehm, i had a good celebration last night with friends - what a contrast to last year, it was so mild! Last year we were snowed in!

And now I have a lovely bunch of mistletoe hanging in the house :sun:
ellie12022

Postby holy vehm » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi ellie,

I was just saying to the wife while we were out walking the dog just how mild it is, you wouldnt think it was mid december, more like a spring day.

Glad you had a good night, more tonight eh! :grin:
holy vehm

Postby ellie12022 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Well, have a good time whatever you're doing, we've had an emotional afternoon, been to a funeral, the whole community has been grieving for this particular loss. But the seagulls circled overhead as they brought her to the church and I know her spirit is as free as those birds.
ellie12022

Postby jonboy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:25 pm

I've been on a round trip from Manchester to London today in the Van. I had a lovely view of the sunrise this morning travelling South on the M6 at 8am, and a lovely view of sunset from the m1 this afternoon :sun: Bring on the longer days! :cheer:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby holy vehm » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:29 am

Tomorrow is the new moon at 13.47 pm. http://pagancalendar.co.uk/event.php?zodiac=astrological&getdate=20111223&tz=Europe/London&id=6811

This completes the winter solstice cycle, the coca cola sponsered christian festival of christmas begins.

:peace:
holy vehm

Next

Return to Soul & Spirit only