VOSA "Traffic Enforcement" vehicles

VOSA "Traffic Enforcement" vehicles

Postby Digby » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:26 pm

When I was out and about I spotted a VOSA vehicle lurking in a lay-by in full Police car style livery with a light bar on the roof,and thought it might be wise to find out what these weasels are up to - so I asked a few questions:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/vosa_traffic_enforcement#incoming-45020
Digby

Re: VOSA "Traffic Enforcement" vehicles

Postby Farmer » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:12 pm

This is interesting:

12) Is it true that VOSA personnel only have "authority" over the public with the public's given consent, and that without such consent no authority actually exists? No, VOSA officers are warranted and as such, it is an offence not to comply with our instructions.

So I wonder what 'warranted' means?
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby kevin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:21 pm

these buggers have a place by me, they're a right pain in the arse...none stop, pulling people by the look of their vehicle
kevin

Postby MikeThomas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:37 am

There does seem to be an increase in VOSA's activity of late. A few years ago you only saw them occassionally, now they're busier than ever!

While you're out and about please take note of anything like this and post it here. Maybe we'll get the 'bigger picture' sooner rather than later.

On a similar note I observed an ARMY LANDROVER parked outside our village Police Station yesterday. Strange because the station is hardly used and almost never open to the public. Plans for Marshall Law perhaps? :puzz:

So lets keep our eyes open and maybe start an 'Observation Thread'

Great FOI request Digby! Keep it up mate! :yes:
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby Digby » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 pm

Well it looks like I managed to back VOSA into a corner,and now they've spat out their dummy and don't want to answer the question:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/community_safety_accreditation_s_2#incoming-55162

VOSA seem to believe that telling the truth (that they have no "powers")may damage their ability to pull the wool over our eyes.
Digby

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:55 pm

Same with all of the departments, m8 - when we get close they refuse and get backed up for that refusal. We laern from the silences, not the naswers in a lot of cases, they don't seem to see this however :grin: :clap:

Bloody good job, m8 - keep it up :yes:
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby bustthematrix » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:12 pm

BaldBeardyDude wrote:We learn from the silences, not the answers in a lot of cases...

You're a good one for quotes BBD, you've put in a few in your time! :grin:
bustthematrix

Postby Digby » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:56 pm

It looks like we could actually see this information after all,the Home Office say that they'll publish it in the next month...

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/community_safety_accreditation_s#outgoing-44019

what's the chances that VOSA will be getting their wallet out and buying in some actual "authority" before the information's released? :grin:
Digby

Postby kevin » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:54 am

They need a month to type it up
kevin

Return to Freedom of Information only