Freeman Car Insurance £15,000 for all of us?

Freeman Car Insurance £15,000 for all of us?

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:48 am

Ive been looking at PDs circumstances and Ive come up with a way that MIGHT allow ourselves and the state to reach some kind of ALMOST happy agreement with regard to the right to travel in our private conveyances. If PDs circumstances have founded a precedent like they ought to then even though to being with we will likely have our cars "arrested" for short periods from time to time, but hopefully as the practice becomes more common this will happen less and less often to the point where our lawful rights are no longer affected.

Now PD would have been able to take away his car without any charges/losses or anything IF he could provide "proof of insurance". They would not have fined him and would not have destroyed his car and basically done him no harm other than the harm they had already cost.

From where we see it, PD has done no harm and rightfully doesnt deserve to be in jail for a crime he hasnt committed especially by people who have no authority to incarcerate let alone steal his car.

From where these people see it, they have sworn oaths to protect people from loss, and to them imposition of third party car insurance doesnt sound like the presumption a crime will occur that we see it as.

It seems obvious that accidents can happen and that since we aim to cause no harm or loss and hope to compensate anyone we do cause harm to, it seems pertinent that we should provide for such an inevitability. There is ALMOST an ammenable solution that the PTB have declared they will accept by the statutes they have imposed upon themselves. I say ALMOST because it requires the lodging of £15K with Accountant General of the Supreme Court see RTA 88 (146s2)[url="http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatutes/Acts/ukpga/1988/cukpga_19880052_en_28#pt6-pb1-l1g205"]here[/url].

Ideally we would like to place this in the hands of an independent arbiter that both ourselves and the PTB can trust but without bulging the coffers of the PTB, but getting them to change the statutes they impose on themselves specifically to accomodate us seems about as likely as democracy being installed in this country.

This will provide third part cover for up £5000 (a reasonable amount) for as many freemen that are likely to use up that amount of cover before it can be replenished. This would probably be enough to cover most of the regular posters and probably more besides but someone who knows a bit about risk management would be better placed than me to give advice on this.

While it would cost £15,000 down payment it could give £5000 worth of cover to more than just three motorists - spread the risk. Suppose the risks work out that 50 motorists will have accidents to the point where £5,000 has to be paid out the pot annually, thats £100 per year for thirs party cover per person - the figures just an example of how to work it out, I have no idea how many would take up the offer or what the actual risk factor would be. We could also operate a scheme like three strikes and your out so that people arent having to pay more because of the more dodgy drivers amongst us.

This could work out to be much cheaper car insurance, freeman controlled, state approved and harm free guaranteed ... all we need to do is choose a treasurer, someone who knows about risk management, and someone to check that Im not dreaming that this is a possibility.
emmanualgoldstein

Re: Freeman Car Insurance £15,000 for all of us?

Postby Colin Grainger » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:06 am

I am just reading The AntiTerrorists Handbook.

According to that, the average Brit has an accident once every 32 years. The average cost for repairs is £2,000.

Insurance, you will not be surprised to hear, is a lucrative money maker.

Colin.
Colin Grainger

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:14 am

we could free and educate alot of people doing this at cost
emmanualgoldstein

Postby holy vehm » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:08 am

You could just take out your own personal liability insurance. covers upto 1 million and costs, last time i heard around £100 per year.

Coming to some understanding with the government doesnt sit right with me, you are suggesting we negotiate with regards our rights. These are our rights and they are non negotiable as far as im concerned.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby nameless » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:00 am

"It seems obvious that accidents can happen"

I think the term 'accident' means deliberately causing a crash.

A better word would be incident.

I'll have a search through my notes because I am sure I've seen this somewhere.
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby woodman » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:46 pm

The statute (RTA 1991) changed in 1991 to "In subsection (1) (which removes the requirement for third-party insurance or security where £15,000 is kept deposited with the Accountant General of the Supreme Court) for “£15,000” there shall be substituted “£500,000”. So they want half a million fiats now.

Insurance is indeed a money maker, I've worked out that in my lifetime, car insurance has cost me £32,000 and I've never been involved in an accident or had to make a claim in all that time.
‘Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds’- Robert Nesta Marley (1945 - 1981)

‘All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing’ - Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
woodman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jonboy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:41 pm

It really is "the land of make believe" out on the roads isn't it? If I am shopping in Tesco and I push my trolley into someone's legs, I will just say "Sorry mate" and they will say "It's ok pal". If I am gardening at someones house and I accidentally cut through the washing line with the hedge cutters (this did happen to me) I just say " I'm terribly sorry I shall go and buy you a new one" and they may even say " It's ok love don't worry about it" You get the idea.
But a slight 3mph nudge at the traffic lights, and people just stop thinking for themselves "we better exchange insurance details" and "we better report this to the police" So even an incident where the only damage was a cracked indicator lens costing £6, ends up costing two insurance companies, and a police force, and two solicitors firms, around 200 man hours.
I am all for a freeman insurance fund, would simple public liability satisfy the Policymen? I don't see why not.
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby huntingross » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:01 pm

My thoughts are the £500,000 Bond option......not fiat dosh swilling around in someones bank account.....I shall (hopefully) use one of my liens and draw a bond against it......

Alternatively.....write a promissory note for £500k and lodge that.

PD has very particular views about insurance, I don't believe either of these are options he would want to consider on principle....I am not qualified to speak on his behalf of course and may be misrepresenting him.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby treeman » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:11 pm

I have three vehicles, all engaged in trade on the queens highways,which on a annual basis costs around £1200 fiats.I also have to have employee liability insurance and public liability insurance, to the tune of 5 million fiats, which costs me another £1500 fiats per annum. Is anyone aware if i can roll all the insurances into one under the public liability, its not really about the saving of fiat, its the hassle of having to engage with three different insurance brokers,[You know why they call them brokers, cos thats what they make you, broker.}
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby huntingross » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi treeman

I see no reason why one Bond couldn't cover all your "risk"
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Next

Return to Travel only