The Temporary Autonomous Zone - light reading...

The Temporary Autonomous Zone - light reading...

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:02 pm

The TAZ is an encampment of guerilla ontologists: strike and run away. Keep moving the entire tribe, even if it's only data in the Web.

-The TAZ must be capable of defense; but both the "strike" and the "defense" should, if possible, evade the violence of the State, which is no longer a meaningful violence.

-The strike is made at structures of control, essentially at ideas; the defense is "invisibility," a martial art, and "invulnerability"--an "occult" art within the martial arts.

-The "nomadic war machine" conquers without being noticed and moves on before the map can be adjusted. As to the future--Only the autonomous can plan autonomy, organize for it, create it. It's a bootstrap operation. The first step is somewhat akin to satori--the realization that the TAZ begins with a simple act of realization

ref http://hermetic.com/bey/taz3.html#labelTheNetAndTheWeb

ref http://punchkids.net/2010/04/07/hakim-bey-peter-lamborn-wilson/ << video

The book describes the socio-political tactic of creating temporary spaces that elude formal structures of control.
SOVEREIGN: not controlled by outside forces: autonomous; self-governing; independent "a sovereign people" <> "by any peaceful administritive means necessary" - the way of the order.
the_common_law_reverend_kenny

Re: The Temporary Autonomous Zone - light reading...

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:08 am

the defense is "invisibility," , and "invulnerability
SOVEREIGN: not controlled by outside forces: autonomous; self-governing; independent "a sovereign people" <> "by any peaceful administritive means necessary" - the way of the order.

Postby Veronica » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:48 am

Yes ... he like writing, doesn't he?

Phew ... did you read all that? I got fed up halfway through ... like "Get to the point, sunshine".

The grand assumption that everyone else has read all those books quoted is ... a grand assumption.

The grand assumption that many of the words/concepts he uses is understood is ... a grand assumption.

It's not a good idea to make grand assumptions if you are trying to put ideas across.

"Less is more".
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:56 pm

yes indeed, it is rather wordy. Which defeats many works, this one no exception. I boiled it down to ( and I might add not after reading all of the references...)

imo.

..a. It is virtually impossible ( for the system) to pin down and attack what 'it' cant see, the internet lends itself to that.

..b. Just because the revolutionaries are invisible does not mean there is no revolution. ( the revolution is one of awareness)

..c. the idea of 'attack' is really about attacking main stream ideas.

..d. there is no center or 'base' it is nomadic in nature, moves on and reappears, moves on and reappears,

But academic types don't write like that, they must it seems write 10,000 words even if 10 will suffice. Still, I do credit him for at least having a pop...

Postby Veronica » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:01 pm

That's more or less what I got out of it.

I think your version is much better than his.

I'm not really sure how it would be implemented, though. Of course, if any Website is taken down, it would only take a day or so for it to re-appear under another Domain Name. If they take this site down, that's what I will do. And there are enough contacts to pass the information around.

(And the thought of "them" wasting all their time & effort ... would be nothing short of mouth-watering delicious! This reminds me of a demo I was on, in Oxford. We were in the centre of Oxford ... a crossroads and blocking two main roads. They brought up horses and started to move slowly through the crowd ... carving their way through. When they got to the far end they turned to see two divided groups ... except that the groups had just re-formed back into one big group after they passed by. They didn't bother trying that again.)
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:50 pm

They brought up horses and started to move slowly through the crowd ... carving their way through. When they got to the far end they turned to see two divided groups ... except that the groups had just re-formed back into one big group after they passed by.

That's really subtle and on the nail.

As the horse moves through the crowd, each individual moves back to avoid being trampled underfoot, which kind of 'allows' the attack and the force behind it, to pass through the whole, ultimately to no effect.

a. the crowd never planned it. Common sense informed them directly.(MOVE!)
b. Falling back in to the crowd can de a defence, but only a temporary one.
c. the group will always re-form.

if those three are true it's a sobering thought,....that is.. for now.

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:23 pm

And the thought of "them" wasting all their time & effort ...
I second that.

I think the dirty word is encryption, encrypted communication pisses them right off, way up, because the 'key' is private, even the military hate encryption, it costs time and money to get through, that will be against the law one day if some people get their way!!!. The idea of a website being up AND impossible to read for certain viewers, I like. A bit like a tv channel that can only be viewed with a certain key (card) in that case. Then it becomes completely (back) at the owners discretion:

a. how often the key is changed
b. who can view what ( and when)

the other dirty word is mirroring,.... replicating the same site globally, all over the place.. sparticus effect.

i'm veronica.

Return to Books