The Art of Peace

The Art of Peace

Postby Farmer » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:38 pm

The Art of Peace

Morihei Ueshiba

Morihei Ueshiba (1883-1969) was history's greatest martial artist. He was the founder of
Aikido, which can be translated as "The Art of Peace." Morihei Ueshiba is referred to by the
practitioners of Aikido as O-Sensei, "The Great Teacher". The following quotations have
been compiled from O-Sensei's collected talks, poems, and calligraphy, and from oral
tradition.

Art of Peace.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Re: The Art of Peace

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Excellent post, Farmer - it is one of the most peaceful and graceful of the martial arts. It has a sister - it's opposite, taught alongside the defensive element - one of healing. It is the most complete systems of both disciplines I have come across - my wife and I were and are keen proponents of this style of eastern teaching.

Thank you.
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Re: The Art of Peace

Postby Farmer » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks. There is a lot of wisdom out there that is worth holding on to. All it takes is an open mind and a will to change.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Return to Books