Hagakure

Hagakure

Postby Farmer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:51 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagakure

Hagakure (meaning In the shadow the Leaves or hidden leaves.), or Hagakure Kikigaki is a practical and spiritual guide for a warrior, drawn from a collection of commentaries by the samurai Yamamoto Tsunetomo, former retainer to Nabeshima Mitsushige, the third ruler of what is now the Saga prefecture in Japan. Tsuramoto Tashiro compiled these commentaries from his conversations with Tsunetomo from 1709 to 1716; however, it was not published until many years afterwards. Hagakure is also known as the The Book of the Samurai, Analects of Nabeshima or the Hagakure Analects.

I find that this book has a lot of wisdom useful for being free. Yamamoto Tsunetomo also talks about the decline of standards over the previous 50 years to 1709; similar to the decline to 2009 over the past 50 years. The book is attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Re: Hagakure

Postby MikeThomas » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:46 am

Thanks Farmer! More bloody reading! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Re: Hagakure

Postby Farmer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:19 pm

Haha, well let me warn everyone, its about being a Samurai, not a freeman. But I see a lot of wisdom in it.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Return to Books