British gas and the art of bribery.

British gas and the art of bribery.

Postby holy vehm » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:51 am

British Gas has said it is planning to offer free power on Saturdays to some of its customers.

The idea is to encourage them to use more of their electricity at the weekend when there is less demand from businesses, according to the BBC's industry correspondent John Moylan .

The scheme would be available to its one million UK customers who have smart meters.

British Gas is understood to have already started piloting the scheme.

The energy firm plans a bigger pilot later in the year and the scheme could be offered to consumers from 2014.

The roll-out of smart meters is at an early stage in the UK, but Centrica claims that it has installed more of them than the rest of the industry put together.

The parent company, Centrica, already offers the scheme - called Free Power Saturday - in its Direct Energy operations in Texas and the north-east of the United States.

Under the scheme, customers get 24 hours of free electricity every Saturday by agreeing to switch more of their usage to the weekend.
Rising profits

The new offer comes after British Gas warned that UK domestic energy bills could go up again this winter. The company attracted criticism after raising energy prices for UK households by 6% in November 2012.

The residential arm saw profits rise 3% to £356m, up from £345m a year earlier.

Overall, Centrica's adjusted operating profit rose 9% to £1.58bn for the six months to 30 June, up from £1.45bn for the same period in 2012.

British Gas has introduced a Tariff Checker to help its customers work out if they are on the cheapest tariff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23526389

The company have said they have been thinking about this for some time and after being successful in the USA they have decided to roll it out here too.

What they are really saying is that they have found it difficult to convince customers to except the new smart meters and have thus taken to bribery.

This new offer is only available to those with a smart meter. If you don't have a smart meter they will gladly install one for you.

If you cant see whats going on here and you have no intention of taking 5 mins to do basic research into why people object to these smart meters then you get the illness you deserve but do not dare to push this onto those that do not want it.

I don't want one and i will have to pay a premium now for power but thats the price I'm willing to pay.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Re: British gas and the art of bribery.

Postby pitano1 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:47 am

you have to admire,their honesty.

scheme
  Use scheme in a sentence
scheme
[skeem] Show IPA noun, verb, schemed, schem·ing.
noun
a plan, design, or program of action to be followed; project.
an underhand plot; intrigue.
a visionary or impractical project.
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby pitano1 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:17 pm

the plot/scheme thickens.

if british...GAS...dont generarte electricity..surely this means,they
dont have any..right.?

i wonder,do they..pluck it out of their arse,and sell it on as
shopsoiled.... :giggle: at BOTTOM rate :clap:

its,an ill wind,that...blows-no good
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
pitano1

Postby cammie » Fri May 13, 2016 8:00 am

Each businessmen has the right to increase his business and for that purpose if he is offering something free (by way of complimentary) to the customers, then it is not a wrong tactics but his business tactics. Last year I got smart meter fitted at my home under complimentary plan and today it has completed one year but I faced no complaint regarding bill. Whatever I am consuming I am paying for it. I am associated with this organization since last 6 years and totally satisfied with its services. They have the facility to attend your complaint anywhere anytime just by calling at their customer services If you are not satisfied with my views, you can your self visit here and know more http://qwikfix.co.uk/british-gas/.
cammie

Postby pitano1 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:47 pm

hi. cammie
if you place any value on your health/privacy...watch this..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfiksb3H4k
Henry David Thoreau
pitano1

Return to Utility Bills