Acceptable Daily Intake of Slug Repellant!!

Re: Acceptable Daily Intake of Slug Repellant!!

Postby Chug » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:08 pm

squark wrote:You could of course collect and clean your own rain water. That would be taking full responsibility for yourself. :yes: Disconnect the supply? :no: That would maybe halve the bill?
I did my first and attempt at A4V 3 days ago with a severn trent water bill. I think the water here is pretty good. It certainly never dried up. No fluoride either!

severn trent no flouride? IIRC they had higher amounts than others a couple of years back , maybe they changed to no flouride?

found this on ickeys forum

Dimmingsdale fluoridation incident

Between 30th June - 7th July 2008, two samples of water taken from our Dimmingsdale Water Treatment Works contained levels in excess of the UK water quality standard for fluoride of 1.5milligram/litre.

There is no suggestion from the worldwide scientific evidence that such a short term elevated level of fluoride would have caused adverse health effects in the short or the longer term.

Whilst we are confident that the water leaving the site was fit to drink, these samples and the way in which they arose fell short of the high standards we expect at Severn Trent.

We’ve taken action on a number of fronts, learning from the incident to minimise the risk of any repetition.

* We have reviewed and strengthened controls and procedures
* We have told our staff about our rigorous procedures and how to apply them
* We are reviewing notification and response to samples and monitor alarms
* We have carried out extra audits to check fail-safe shut-downs are intact
* We have checked the correct setting of alarm systems at fluoridation plants

We would like to reassure our customers that drinking water leaving the Dimmingsdale Works continues to be safe and wholesome. Severn Trent in the last year achieved 99.97% compliance with rigorous and independently monitored quality standards.

SOURCE: http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=75709

love n harmony in the community
Chug
Enemy of the state
Last edited by Chug on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can fool some people sometimes But you can't fool all the people all the time, So now we see the light, We gonna stand up for our right, So you'd better, Get up stand up, stand up for your right, get up, stand up, don't give up the fight.
Chug

Postby pedawson » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:26 pm

Just had a thought and I don't know how helpful it will be, but this is how my mind works.

Beer is Beer - Certainly it isn't water
So what is water?
If I add concentrate to water it becomes juice,
so if they ADD anything to water is it still water?

Water is FREE and we pay for the services - If I do not want their services they cannot stop the flow. Am I correct?

Namaste, rev;
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby Chug » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:52 pm

I think their water ACT mentions not being able to disconnect a supply even if you don't pay the sum demanded for supplying it to your property, they just charge those who pay 15% more to cover those 15% of people who don't pay.

There is this on the british brainwashing corporations website
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5050048.stm

Chug
Enemy of the state
You can fool some people sometimes But you can't fool all the people all the time, So now we see the light, We gonna stand up for our right, So you'd better, Get up stand up, stand up for your right, get up, stand up, don't give up the fight.
Chug

Postby FASEN8R » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:12 am

pedawson wrote:Just had a thought and I don't know how helpful it will be, but this is how my mind works.

Beer is Beer - Certainly it isn't water
So what is water?
If I add concentrate to water it becomes juice,
so if they ADD anything to water is it still water?

Water is FREE and we pay for the services - If I do not want their services they cannot stop the flow. Am I correct?

Namaste, rev;

I was actually thinking on a similar track rev..........
Whereas 'Water' is H2O...........
Is the 'product' we receive through our taps H2O??
What we are expected to pay for is H2O + ?????????? (everything else they decide to add to it!)
:thinks: :thinks:

:peace:

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Postby FASEN8R » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:19 am

Chug wrote:I think their water ACT mentions not being able to disconnect a supply even if you don't pay the sum demanded for supplying it to your property, they just charge those who pay 15% more to cover those 15% of people who don't pay.

There is this on the british brainwashing corporations website
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5050048.stm

Chug
Enemy of the state

Yeah they also have in place a 'system' where you are expected to submit your income and expenditure and if you're in the low income bracket they pay the bill for you.
Trouble is with this method.......It sweeps the problem of exposing their criminal activities under the carpet!!
I dont agree that those that pay should pay an extra 15% on top of their bills but they should wake up to whats going on.
It's almost as bad as the criminal insurance companies.......My motor insurance has gone UP due to other people on my street making claims!! This is what my insurance company told me last week when I enquired about their attrocious price increases.

:peace:

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Postby squark » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:27 am

Has anyone else tried those packets you can get. Dehydrated Water, just add..........erm sorry about that.
And the Lord spake unto his people, he said "Get Off MY Bloody Land!"
And the people gave unto the Lord, freely they gave him The Finger
squark

Previous

Return to Utility Bills