Scottish Power & BCW Group

Re: Scottish Power & BCW Group

Postby knightron » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:14 pm

LOL they are stumped..in order for them to carry on , they are committing a "Tort of harassment" against you for monies you don't owe them, which is totally unlawful and they know it..I would now just ignore them mate, you have stated your position with regards to the matter , now wait for their next move..:)
nice one.. :yes:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
knightron

Postby notbanksy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:38 am

Haha thanks Knightron

The plot thickens. I have now received a 'Settlement Offer' which I find quite amusing as their first letter stated that they haven't purchased this 'debt'. I can't see Scottish Power authorising a settlement if they still owned the debt? But maybe I'm wrong?

Dear Mr XXX

We refer to previous correspondence regarding the above debt with Scottish Power, and are disappointed to note from our records that the balance remains outstanding.

We are prepared to help you in clearing this debt by offering you the exceptional opportunity to settle on highly favourable terms. We are willing, without prejudice, to accept £252.26 in full and a final settlement providing this amount is paid in full and in one installment. Alternately, you can spread the repayment of a settlement amount of £302.71 over 2 to 6 convenient monthly instalments.

To take advantage of this unique opportunity, you must first contact this office within 5 days of the date of this letter quoting the above reference. One of our Account Representatives will be able to give you full details of this opportunity and advise you how and under what circumstances payment will need to be made.

ACT NOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS RARE OPPORTUNITY

Yours faithfully

Buchanan Clark and Wells

On behalf of Buchanan Clark and Wells

The language used in this letter is astonishing. Did they pinch 'without prejudice' from my earlier correspondence? Maybe they think that parroting me will flatter me and make me want to pay them? :D
notbanksy

Postby Chug » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:51 am

ha ha, love it

ACT NOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS RARE OPPORTUNITY

they must think it's worth one last effort to try and trick you into giving them your cash, if they have any lawful right to get this cash from you would they offer a 'rare oportunity' deal now after all this time? No they would just follow the law.

Either ignore it, or you could write back saying that you stand by your previous reply in having informed them you consider this pursuance by them as a third party interloper as harrassment, and any further contact from them adds to this harrassment now that they have been informed that you consider it harrassment... as stated in the harrassment act 1997 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1997/40/section/1

love n harmony in the community
Chug
Enemy of the state
s to this
You can fool some people sometimes But you can't fool all the people all the time, So now we see the light, We gonna stand up for our right, So you'd better, Get up stand up, stand up for your right, get up, stand up, don't give up the fight.
Chug

Postby pitano1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:03 pm

i normally rts,or tell them to fuck off,but these arsholes
where persistant,so i sent this,and things have gone very quiet.

der mr. shiels./eos solutions

please forward proof of contract.that you assume you have.

if you do not have any,you have no power to issue any threats
against me.

`please note`
you are a third party,`and as such,commiting a tort against me.

if this vexatious behaviour continues ,you will leave me no alternative
other than to seek lawful remedy....ie a personal lien `on you`for £1000.000.

any further junk letters i recieve from you or eos solutions will result in prompt
action on my part in this matter..

please be aware of the fact that my address is on the royal mail junk mail opt out
list,also my landline is registered with bt.

as you DO NOT have my consent to contact`you are commiting an offence.

please take this FINAL WARNING in good grace,and DO NOT contact me
again except,by way of apology.
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby notbanksy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:43 am

The plot thickens....

I received this today:

Dear Mr XXX

Your name has been registered with credit referencing agencies.
As a result of your debt balance remaining outstanding, we have now registered a default of payment with credit reference agencies. It will remain on record for 6 years and you may find it difficult to get credit or borrow money.

Once you repay your debt, your credit record will be marked to show that your account has been paid. Your credit record will then show that the Default of Payment has been satisfied.

What to do next:
You must contact BCW on xxx xxx to arrange payment of the debt.

If you think that the default of payment has been registered in error, you should contact us immediately on xxx.

And here's the clincher

If you are experiencing difficulties in paying for your energy, please contact us as soon as possible. We may be able to help.

I'm guessing that they're bluffing about the credit agencies, after all, why would they go to the cost of registering the debt only to de-register it once I pay (not going to pay of course).

But if they have registered a default of payment, they have done so unlawfully, am I right? As they have not been able to offer any proof of the validity of their claim.

Any suggestions as to my next move would be much appreciated. :)
notbanksy

Postby knightron » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:19 am

The Only time they can put a black mark against your name is if they have bought the debt or they have been assigned to collect on behalf of the original creditor. If they have bought the debt they have paid it off for you and you have no worries..Send them a nice thanks very much for paying my bills letter.. :clap: :giggle:
If they were assigned to collect it, they must have issued you with a notice of assignment or it is totally unlawful to request money from you at all. :ouch:

I would again reiterate to them that they are indeed harassing you and they must stop. Failure on their part would allow you to seek remedy through a commercial lien against the CEO and other directors and you can put a black mark against their names with a credit reference agency.. :clap: :yes:

I am more than sure you can find out how to get a commercial lien going on this site and if you get stuck there are some very knowledgeable folk here who would be happy to point you in the right direction. :shake: :peace:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
knightron

Postby notbanksy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:33 am

You are a fountain of knowledge Knightron, and I thank you sincerely :)

I'm very interested in what you say, because in one of their letters they openly deny having purchased the debt, and claim that they're acting on behalf of Scottish Power as their agent. I have never received a notice of assignment.

So basically, they're just saying whatever they think will result in payment, regardless of whether or not it is true.

I'll definitely do some research with regard to a commercial lien against the board at BCW.

If they have placed a black mark against my name at a credit agency, is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks again. :)
notbanksy

Postby notbanksy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:38 am

I can't believe I only just noticed this!!

The letter about my name being registered with a credit agency is from Scottish Power, not from BCW. If I phone/ write to Scottish Power, are they obliged to tell me whether or not the debt has been sold?
notbanksy

Postby notbanksy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:21 am

this gets even better!

So I just spoke to the accounts department at Scottish Power asking them the status of my alleged debt. I asked them for an assignment number for the account, and told them that I'd never received a notice of assignment. The operator told me there was no assignment reference, so I asked was the debt sold to BCW group? She spoke to someone else in the office and said yes, they bought the debt.

I then asked, given that the debt has been settled thanks to BCW group, and no longer exists on my account, how they can justify placing a default of payment registration against me with a credit reference agency. She put me on hold while she asked a colleague, and came back saying that BCW don't buy the debt, it's assigned to them. So I said, please tell me the assignment number.

For the third time I was placed on hold (this time with music) while she phoned BCW. She came back to me claiming that it was out of hours for the relevant office (yeah right) and that she'd phone me on Monday. I asked if she could just locate the number and put it in writing, and she said no, she couldn't put it in writing.

It's cheered me up no end!

But I'm still none the wiser as to my position in all of this. If she phones back on Monday, it will probably be with some evasive script to read out she'd been given by BCW group 'legal' dept.
notbanksy

Postby notbanksy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:48 pm

Ok, so I got a phone call from the lady I spoke to as Scottish Power this morning. She says the alleged debt has been assigned to BCW group. And payment can only be made to them. I asked her what would happen if I made a payment to Scottish Power, and she said that BCW would continue trying to collect the money. The next part didn't make sense though, she said the reason BCW have to be paid and not SP is that BCW need to take their commission. Sounds fair at first hearing, but then if they're only assigned the debt (as opposed to owning it), why did they try to make me an offer of a 30% reduction?

I feel like I'm being lied to (which doesn't surprise me) but I don't know how to find the truth.

If I write to BCW group and tell them that without a notice of assignment, they are not lawfully permitted to collect money from me, will they just send me a notice of assignment? Beginning to feel a bit out of my depth here.... :puzz:
notbanksy

PreviousNext

Return to Utility Bills