Virgin Media and Debit Collection - What are they able to do

Re: Virgin Media and Debit Collection - What are they able to do

Postby FASEN8R » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:20 am

lofty401 wrote:

I haven't actually heard anything from them in about 2 weeks now so I guess you never know, they might have given up? I highly doubt that mind, but we'll see. I'll be moving house again soon so we'll see how long it takes them to catch up once that occurs.

Hey lofty401 :8-):
I dare say they'll be trying again soon, these buggers can be insistant at times.
As the letters have gone quiet for a short while just be aware they 'may' send someone round instead, you never know. Just be on your guard and my answer to anyone turning up unannounced would be 'it's being dealt with, goodbye!' It sort of sits better with me than telling anyone to 'Fuck Off!' to be honest but the latter method may be useful if they get too insistant!! :giggle:

As for how long it will take them to catch up with you once you've moved, I'd suggest that may be down to who you 'register' your details with!
Banks are fuckers for selling your details to others. I got that alot when I used banks, goes without saying I dont now! :yes:
I used to bank with HSBC and within 2 days of moving and registering my address with them, I had a company (Virgin Media I think :thinks: ) ringing me regarding a small debt I allegedly owed them. There was NO OTHER WAY WHATSOEVER they could have found me, it HAD to be HSBC. Virgin Media didnt know my bank details either, no Direct Debit or anything so there was no way they could find my info without the bank giving/selling them it.

Keep those eyes wide open bro and keep us updated :shake:

Namaste :peace:

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Postby treeman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:58 am

I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby lofty401 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Another update guys, they seem to have passed it on to 'SRJ Debt Recoveries' now, who appear to use exactly the same methods. I just got a promotion so i'll probably get round to paying it in small chunks in a month or so, but until then i'll continue to be awkward ^^ Although the daily texts from them are slightly irritating.
lofty401

Postby pitano1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:44 pm

hi lofty.

why pay a company that you owe nothing to.?

as for the texts..get your number on bt the prefered number list.
[its for mobile,and landline]

soon as you do text them back,and tell them...`end of`

do the same for your adress.

so they cant pester you in anyway.

if you feel nervous about unknown callers,put up a notice of
removal of implied right of access.
any uninvited callers will be trespassers,unless they have your
consent.
SORTED. :yes:
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby lofty401 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:30 am

They have sent me a letter now that rather than threatening litigation, says they will proceed with it if I don't contact them within 7 days, after contacting virgin etc. I will probably call them next week sometime? (give you guys a chance to reply! :D) But when I do so I don't intend on agreeing to any payment right away, i'm going to request a copy of the original contract with my signature and some proof that they are indeed now responsible for the recovery of the debt on behalf of virgin. I figure this should at least set them back a couple of weeks/months.

Thoughts?
lofty401

Postby iknowmyrights » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi Lofty

Any feedback on what happened next?
It seem most people post on here when they need help then don't tell you the outcome.
Unless its in success stories in which case please post the thread!

Moorcroft have unfortunately cottoned on to the "forum" letters and are firing all guns blazing representing a number of companies from
Utilities to banks etc. Moorcroft are a huge DCA & have most probably incorporated the "forum letters" into their training now and how to deal with us. It is 2012 after all. Lol

So as Veronica had abandoned us on this site, we must move forward and Create new template letters to deal with their new responses or give in an pay.

One thing I do know is that their fear is forcing them to fire full force but at the wrong people. (I.e people who have these debts who can't afford to pay them)

Anyone with any NEW info joIn in please

Peace
"Focus on where you want to go, not on what you fear.
As it is your decisions, and not your conditions, that determine your destiny."
iknowmyrights

Previous

Return to Utility Bills