Water!

Water!

Postby a-a » Tue May 10, 2011 3:05 pm

I haven't paid for water for 3 years for the reason that they have always written to the 'occupier' recently they have been writing to the landlord and have sent a notice of intended county court action within 10 days. Can they go ahead without any evidence of who lives at the property, can they pursue a landlord even though they have never contracted or contacted him?
a-a

Re: Water!

Postby Freeman Stephen » Tue May 10, 2011 3:44 pm

and they say feudalism is all history.
Freeman Stephen

Postby a-a » Tue May 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Freeman Stephen wrote:and they say feudalism is all history.

What?
a-a

Postby pedawson » Tue May 10, 2011 5:13 pm

a-a wrote:

What?

Today, the word feudal is sometimes used as a general term for a set of social relationships that seems unprogressive or out of step with modern society.
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby treeman » Tue May 10, 2011 5:39 pm

I recall hearing a story some years ago about a local individual whom was being hassled by the debt collection agents known as Yorkshire Water Authority, he refused to pay them any levy because he drew his water from his own well upon his land. The company kept insisting that he had to pay, even though he didn't have piped water to his dwelling, he adamantly refused to budge to these water-rats. They eventually explained that any water which fell from the sky, unto his land, legally belonged to their company, he retorted that if they didn't get their water off HIS land he would sue them for damages. He never heard from them again. :giggle: :peace:
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby kevin » Tue May 10, 2011 5:47 pm

they are not allowed to cut your water off on public health grounds, it's against their own statutes to do it ;)
kevin

Postby huntingross » Tue May 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Only in Scotland, Forvik and Fidach....the rest of the UK still enjoys it
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Freeman Stephen » Wed May 11, 2011 6:04 pm

I was meaning feudalism as in if the land user refuses to obey,they then pressure the land owner.

I didnt realise feudalism still continued (legally) down south, but as far as scotland goes, that whole abolition of feudal tenure act is a load of bollox. The feu superiors still get to keep the minerals and with regards to getting the permission of the feu superior to do anything on the land, the planning office has long since taken over that role, so I dont see the benefits of the act except as a whitewash to make people think they are somehow freer. There was very few feu superiors actually collecting feu duty in the first place, and to use your get out of feu free card that the act provides you had to pay a sum that would grant the feu superior the same amount in interest as what you were paying in feu duty. The main parts of feudalism still subsist through the planning office and the mineral rights, not to mention the whole rent and lease stuff that they never touch but has the exact same effects as whats described as feudalism.
Freeman Stephen

Return to Utility Bills