Water company being bullish

Re: Water company being bullish

Postby holy vehm » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:34 am

We rent our home and one of the stipulations is that all our bills are upto date when the contract is renewed every 12 months.
We argreed to the contract, so should honour it. In fairness, the landlord has done any work to the house we have asked for. Before the double glazing was completed, he gave us a 'free' month over winter to help cover the cost of heating. On that score, its a good contract.

Is the contract and its terms enforceable? I would say so, yes. Its a fair contract, with fair terms attached.

Personally, i would preffer not to pay council tax and the tv but i have to remember, i wont always be here, there is a bigger picture and at some point we as a family will be better placed to with hold payment, but like you, i cant risk the home at this time.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Re: Water company being bullish

Postby louise23 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:54 am

thanks for the reply. My landlord is ok as landlords go pretty relaxed about things. He is going to come and do some painting and he is putting in a new fence.
I got a new boiler fitted (warm front) so he is quids in as the grant was £3,500. ( he offered a deduction of £20 per month for winter could of done with one month free rent)
I just can't jepodise my home, I have kids to consider. I just wondered if there is another way of dealing with water company without jepodising my home.
louise23

Previous

Return to Utility Bills