Water company being bullish

Water company being bullish

Postby louise23 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Hello,
Well the other day i answered my door (I was expecting a delivary) to find it was a representative of water company demanding entrance into my house. I was very calm and said no. The rep then got very shirty i stood my ground and he left saying water co would get a court order to gain entrance. I replied well i'll charge said water co for my time to represent the fiction and he stormed off.
I do not owe them any money as i do pay bill by direct debit (need to look into that) i feel very peeved that this has happened how dare they bully me.
Any advice would be gratefully recived.
L :grin:
louise23

Re: Water company being bullish

Postby huntingross » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Sounds like you did alright without advice.

There are many threads on here that you can read in the interim....assuming they come back...
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby louise23 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:18 pm

Thank you i have been reading and watching vids etc about fmotl first time i have encoutered a representitive from one of these so called companies.
He was deeply angry with me could this be due to the fact it's related to his pay or something like that?
louise23

Postby huntingross » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Perhaps.

Perhaps it's like the anger of an adult with a disobedient child.

Either way the chalkboard shows 1-0

Welcome to the forum
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby louise23 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:02 pm

lol yes i suppose that is a good comparison. :cheer:
louise23

Postby ArturoDekko » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:45 am

I am intrigued as to why they would want access to your property?????? Did he have appropriate identification? Well done. :love:
S E E F O R Y O U R S E L F

Know yourself and you shall know the truth. The truth shall set you free.
ArturoDekko

Postby louise23 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:05 pm

No he did not produce ID he wanted in to do a water meter reading.
It was not convient for me to let him in and anyway it's intrusive and i am perfectly able to read meter myself. I still pay water company by direct debit so wots their beef?
louise23

Postby ArturoDekko » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:11 pm

They are required to carry an ID and produce it on request. Sounds like he was having a grumpy day. Never heard of an internal water meter. Sounds like you have absolutely nothing to worry about. (h)
S E E F O R Y O U R S E L F

Know yourself and you shall know the truth. The truth shall set you free.
ArturoDekko

Postby meerkat » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:10 pm

ArturoDekko wrote:They are required to carry an ID and produce it on request. Sounds like he was having a grumpy day. Never heard of an internal water meter. Sounds like you have absolutely nothing to worry about. (h)

Re internal water meters, they are around, I have one in my kitchen cupboard (it was fitted at my request-saves me lots of £). When someone comes to read it they've always shown thier id at the door.
meerkat

Postby louise23 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:57 am

An update of what has happened now a letter was hand delivered and water company gave 5 days for me to give them the reading or they will get a court order. I rent my house and it is in the tennancy agreement that i have to pay all utility bills inclu tv liscence i was a bit loathed to not pay as i did not want to jepodise our home.
Does anyone else rent here are we really obliged to pay all utility bills or you loose your home because of tennancy agreement?
I have been paying water since i moved in by direct debit if i give the reading and then cancel direct debit am i in breach of my tennancy agreement? any advice greatly appreciated.
L :grin:
louise23

Next

Return to Utility Bills