Non-Negotiable Instruments

Non-Negotiable Instruments

Postby dmurphy25 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:03 am

Ok, so what's to stop us creating our own bills of exchange/promissory notes for all public liabilities?

I was thinking about creating something like this as an alternative to A4V

redacted-Promissory-Note.jpg

As long as it has a value assigned to it in numbers and letters, it's signed and dated and it has the NI/Treasury number doesn't it become a valid Bill of Exchange?

Comments anyone?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...one group of apes left the safety of the trees and stood upright in the tall savannah grass, some of these apes began to evolve, but most were hit by cars!
dmurphy25

Re: Non-Negotiable Instruments

Postby the trojan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:27 am

lets discuss this to its conclusion.
this makes sense to me.
we can all make promissary notes and if there is nothing to stop us we should do it.Most of us have printers or access to printers.
if all the minds on this forum look at the problems we may encounter and all the minds on this forum
find ways to overcome those problems we could take this 'idea; to its conclusion.
the trojan

Postby dmurphy25 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:03 am

the trojan wrote:lets discuss this to its conclusion.
this makes sense to me.
we can all make promissary notes and if there is nothing to stop us we should do it.Most of us have printers or access to printers.
if all the minds on this forum look at the problems we may encounter and all the minds on this forum
find ways to overcome those problems we could take this 'idea; to its conclusion.

I wholeheartedly agree, I think we should be pushing the envelope and exploring all avenues :sun:

Regarding this promissory note, I was also thinking that perhaps in order to hedge our bets we should put the A4V text on the face of the note i.e. Accepted For Value, Exempt From Levy, Exemption ID... etc.
...one group of apes left the safety of the trees and stood upright in the tall savannah grass, some of these apes began to evolve, but most were hit by cars!
dmurphy25

Postby sindakit » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:34 pm

promissary notes only have the worth you give them, you can give anything your worth. See the link for fun times!

http://keboch.wordpress.com/2008/11/09/please-accept-this-spider-as-payment/
sindakit

Postby the trojan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:47 pm

that was funny with the spider.
Right anyone have anything else on a more serious proactive stance.
the trojan

Postby sindakit » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:09 am

Lots of small communities have created their own currency to be used within the town, thus keeping the economy local. I ahve to go to work so don't have time to provide a link, but I'm sure you can dig something up.
I'm not sure if this is done through the banks or not but it will be a start for your idea.
sindakit

Postby huntingross » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:19 am

Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Return to Utility Bills