Instructions for turning a remittance slip into a cheque

Re: Instructions for turning a remittance slip into a cheque

Postby Dipsy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:10 am

And if you paid attention to the news lately about the MP's getting taken to court over the expenses scandal they have been granted legal aid. In addition a legal advisor has openly stated "We will win this case easy and they wont have to pay back a dime" When questioned further on what grounds do they have to get away with it the legal advisor said " that's easy we are going to invoke Bill of Rights 1689" !!!! LOL

Fking hell did i laugh when i see this when WE try to use the Bill of Rights to quash frivolous motoring offenses we are told the Bill of Rights 1689 is long dead.
Dipsy

Postby rhiannon » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:53 pm

... exactly. I a m going to re-present the tender, this time correctly filled out with instructions for a written response if tender is refused.
Has anyone else had sucess with this I wonder....
rhiannon

Postby Free » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Has anyone else had sucess with this I wonder....

So far as Bills of Exchange go, yes. In fact I wont be paying the STRAWMAN'S debts with anything I earn from my own labour from this moment forward. 'IT' got itself into 'debt' so 'IT' can get itself out of 'debt'. Anything I earn is MY property as it was MY labour that earned it. Since we're in Bancruptcy and the company known as the government neglected to tell me that they would honour all debts due by its employees (STRAWMEN) I think its high time we made sure the government honoured ITS obligations.

Simply, 'He who creates the liability must bring the remedy'.By sending the Bill, the company created the liability. The remedy is provided for us on the bottom of every Bill in the form of the 'remittance' slip. Look up the word 'remittance' in Blacks or any good law dictionary and you'll see 'Remittance' means 'Payment'. No court can ever judge against that.

We have choices when it comes to payment.
1. We use our own hard earned 'money' which is our property and should never be used to pay a STRAWMAN'S debts or,
2. We use the facility of the treasury (receiver in bankruptcy) by sending back our duly presented 'Remittance' to whichever company created the liability (sent a bill) along with instructions to contact the treasury for the purpose of settlement.

Many of the creditors we post remittance to dont have the first idea of how this works. But then, they wouldnt because nobody ever taught them of this principle. So, it is our place to educate them by giving clear reason for our choice of method of payment and clear instruction on what to do with it to redeem the liability they created.

Ultimately, and in time, we will provide all the labour to our community and in return will need only to sign for what we need in our lives. This is the way it should have been and this is the way it will be. So until that moment comes, which it will, this as i see it is the remedy we need to carry us to that moment.

Free
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

Postby rhiannon » Wed May 05, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks for your advice, free.
I am re-submitting then today, perhaps with a letter asking them to explain in writing if they deem payment to be unacceptable
rhiannon

Postby Free » Thu May 06, 2010 11:45 pm

I've had a response from another creditor. Simply, a reminder along with a gentle threat that if payment isnt received recovery action will be taken. They seem to have forgotten to send back my remittance, there's a thing. No comment on what they did with it though so i'll mail them and ask for it back and see what happens.

My thinking is that we cannot expect to just send them a bill of exchange and think they'll just accept it. They wont. So my next try will be slightly more personal with a brief introduction or, could i say re-introduction to the method of payment i'm sending along with clear instruction as to what to do. This method of payment helps them as well as us as no tax is due on the income and its a sure fire way all corpses will get paid on time every time. By using negotiable instruments we're also using up our exemption and bringing down the national debt. Its very much a balanced book on all counts and to the long term benefit of the people.

Free
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

Postby Arten » Fri May 07, 2010 11:25 am

I took the following from TPUC and my old mate Alton posted the response he got from his water company!

This is the main body of a letter I just received from my Water Company I am wondering how to respond because Arten showed me that on the giro bank remittance slip the word Cheque is clearly stated.

In your letters you stated that this was an acceptable payment method in accordance with the Bills of Exchange Act 1882 (the Act). The preamble to this Act defines it as being an Act to codify the law relating to Bills of Exchange, Cheques and Promissory Notes. A bill of exchange is an unconditional order in writing, addressed by one person to another, requiring the person to whom it is addressed to pay a certain sum of money; a cheque is a bill of exchange drawn on a banker payable demand and a promissory note is an unconditional promise in writing made by one person to another, signed by the maker who promises to pay a certain sum of money.

It is unclear to us why you believe that the Act should have any bearing on the bank giro credit slip that we sent you. For the avoidance of doubt, a bank giro credit slip is merely a way for an individual to instruct their bank or building society to transfer funds directly to the beneficiary's bank account; it is not a form of payment, nor an instrument for the purpose of the Act.

Our ability to charge customers is derived from a statutory mechanism set out under Section142 of the Water Industry Act 1991. Section 142 (1) states

(1) Subject to the following provisions of this Chapter, the powers of every relevant undertaker shall include power-
(a) to fix charges for any services provided in the course of carrying out its functions and, in the case of sewrage undertaker, charges to be paid in connection with the carrying out of its trade effluent functions; and
(b) to demand and recover charges fixed under this section from any persons to whom the undertaker provides services or in relation to who it carries out trade effluent functions.

As a result we are legally entitled to charge you for the services we have provided and you are therefore liable to pay the outstanding sum of £291.21, this being your non-metered charges for the year to 31st March 2011.

They then offer me a monthly plan to pay and threaten me with legal action and dca's. Before I respond I am wondering what anyone on the forum thinks.
Arten

Postby Arten » Sun May 09, 2010 1:52 pm

If you look closely at all remittance slips they clearly have Cheque written on them allowing someone somewhere to double dip. Interesting that the utilites threaten people with dca's I will be more than happy for those parasites to get involved seeing that I have already paid once and refuse to pay again.
Arten

Postby nameless » Tue May 18, 2010 8:55 am

Is there an update Arten regarding your process or that of Alton?
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby Arten » Tue May 18, 2010 11:20 am

nameless wrote:Is there an update Arten regarding your process or that of Alton?

Alton responded with a letter pointing out that on the girobank slip the word CHEQUE is explcitly stated we also asked what qualifications in commerce law the guy who wrote had. We also told him we want the account handled by the chief account of their company and pointed out that if we were foolish enough to give them fiat currency they would be paid twice called double dipping by Guy Eden and others.
BTW I have paid my sons credit card bill with this method and surprise surprise have heard nothing back from Barclycard. :grin:
Arten

Postby nameless » Tue May 18, 2010 7:22 pm

I have started sending cheques with Notices to credit card services, usually to the CEO. I've stated that if they can't answer my valid questions, I will continue with this method. I am about to serve a fee schedule and will include all the debt notes that I've paid over the years. Two cc's have refused to reduce my balance, but they haven't returned the slips. One cc hasn't responded to any of the Notices at all. To start with, I was completing them incorrectly, but the last remittance slips were made out like a cheque.

Btw, have you received a statement from Barclaycard showing the desired balance?

I decided not to clear the whole amount as I wanted to keep the credit cards open and I thought that they may well cancel the cards if they thought that there would be no more fiats coming.
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

PreviousNext

Return to Utility Bills